joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Winter Part 3

mreaves

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a seasonal note, this current system represents the 30th accumulating snowfall event of the season, so 2013-2014 continues to set a blistering, unprecedented pace in that regard, and we have still not hit the climatological midpoint of the season according to my data (that midpoint comes tomorrow on Jan 20th).  For some perspective on that number of storms, 2009-2010 and 2006-2007 had just 36 and 37 storms respectively, in total.  I suspect this season is fairly unique to have so many accumulating storms and still be at only ~65% of average snowfall for the date, but this first half will certainly not be known for a lack of activity around here.  

"Storms" may be a very liberal term for what these events have been so far this season, lol. 

We’ll have to watch how Bolton does if the slow is somewhat blocked; it’s hard to tell with the very wide angle lens they have on their web cam, but the snowfall doesn’t seem to be quite as intense there as it does here:

http://www.boltonvalley.com/webcam

They did have an inch down already prior to 7:00 A.M. though, so they’re certainly getting something.

nice expanding area of light to maybe moderate snow expanding to our sw.  light snow here now, seems to be slowly increasing.  I wonder if it ever stopped after I went to bed at 11?  maybe 1/2 inch since then.  Looks like this next batch might bring an inch

It was off and on overnight. Right before I fell asleep around 1245a there were some breaks in the clouds. Going out to measure now.

27.3F

Got a dusting overnight, about the usual for Norluns here.  Now we get cold and watch the suppression.  After a number of runs with steady cold thru day 16, 06z gfs now has a mongo torch-deluge at the end of the run.  Given the past two weeks' trend...
lock the deluge in now. I'm gonna say we've had the best part of winter already.

Quite the sucker punch on the norlun. Forecast 6-8", then 3-5, then 2-4. Ended with 0.5". Nice long week of cold and dry. Glad to see the rain gone but would have been nice to have gotten a few inches today to hold us over.

When was that forecast? I don't think we had 6-8" in our forecast until I just updated the map with the latest update. And that is storm total for the SE NH and SW ME areas.

Coldfront posted this yesterday afternoon. nynuqu8a.jpg

Archived