Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

its almost over by then with only .16" falling at BWI after 0Z Thursday

these kinds of situations are crazy because the insane rates and UVV's will mix enough to make it colder than what the models now show (providing the UVV's are there)

Pretty big differences among the models so far for what happens after 0Z Thursday in our area... RGEM is at least 0.4" more liquid and the NAM does the same.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, GFS is terribly close to all snow in Roanoke-- a little mix in the front, even some ZR--

And, always has a mix here-- temps fall to 31 over night and we get a light mix-- there is a warm surge right before the ULL pulls in, but once its cranking, it cools fast.

KMTN:

110127/0500Z 41 34013KT 32.4F SNOW 15:1| 0.8||11.0 0.051|| 0.77 0.00|| 0.00 0.00|| 0.00 100| 0| 0

110127/0600Z 42 33011KT 32.9F SNOW 15:1| 0.1||11.1 0.004|| 0.78 0.00|| 0.00 0.00|| 0.00 81| 0| 19

That's the kind of thing I want to see. Can you post the whole profile for the 3 major airports? Thanks.

Watches are issued 36 hours from the event.. Since the changeover will come a few hours later at the areas not currently under a WSW, I'd expect something this afternoon.

Come on guys, use some critical thinking

You are splitting hairs. The changeover in Baltimore and DCA will take place around the same time it does elsewhere. LWX is being uber-cautious.

Man, GFS is terribly close to all snow in Roanoke-- a little mix in the front, even some ZR--

And, always has a mix here-- temps fall to 31 over night and we get a light mix-- there is a warm surge right before the ULL pulls in, but once its cranking, it cools fast.

You mean -FZRA?

That's the kind of thing I want to see. Can you post the whole profile for the 3 major airports? Thanks.

Here's the links, rather than clutter the post with a bunch of data:

KBWI - http://www.meteor.iastate.edu/~ckarsten/bufkit/data/cobb_nam/nam_kbwi.dat

KDCA - http://www.meteor.iastate.edu/~ckarsten/bufkit/data/cobb_nam/nam_kdca.dat

KIAD - http://www.meteor.iastate.edu/~ckarsten/bufkit/data/cobb_nam/nam_kiad.dat

You are splitting hairs. The changeover in Baltimore and DCA will take place around the same time it does elsewhere. LWX is being uber-cautious.

No, I'm looking at soundings. I'm quite positive it will be snowing out in Loudoun County several hours before it will be at DCA. Expect a WSW for the remainder of the area at 2pm.

Archived