amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 19-21 MW/GL/OV Storm Potential

snowlover2

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS has brought a few inches up here the last few runs, whereas beforehand it was south. So I wouldnt necessarily call the NAM a northern outlier, plus with the block gone, Im thinking chances are ok for here.

Does it look like with the NAM run that it wants to set up SE ridge?:popcorn:

The operational GFS is about 1 run of changes from turning into a wrapped up negative tilt storm as it heads east through the OV.

Yeah, I really think if the cold air dump comes in this time frame which it looks like it should, this could really be a strong/significant system.

Yeah, I really think if the cold air dump comes in this time frame which it looks like it should, this could really be a strong/significant system.

Just missed the phase of the secondary low. If you compare 0 to 06 to 12z, the western trough passing through the intermountain W keeps digging ever so slightly less and is nudged a tad eastward--that small difference of when that second wave phases with the northern stream over the plains is the difference--and it will show up big in non-linear development. But I this is a legitimate threat for a wrapped storm similar to CMC. Yes weird, the CMC is on to something here. NAM is about to show something similar if extrapolated too.

The general trend amongst the operational GFS/ECM is to trend slow and make subtle changes since the breakdown of the -NAO. The GFS/ECm did this with the last storm that passed through the OV and developed into the HECS coastal storm--and at least the GFS is doing it here again.

Well if nothing else, both the 12z NAM and GFS have at least 0.25" QPF here...not too shabby, I'd hit it. Have to admit I'm intrigued by the possibility of this thing getting a bit stronger/more amplified for places such as IND, CVG, DAY, and CMH...and points all around.

Just missed the phase of the secondary low. If you compare 0 to 06 to 12z, the western trough passing through the intermountain W keeps digging ever so slightly less and is nudged a tad eastward--that small difference of when that second wave phases with the northern stream over the plains is the difference--and it will show up big in non-linear development. But I this is a legitimate threat for a wrapped storm similar to CMC. Yes weird, the CMC is on to something here. NAM is about to show something similar if extrapolated too.

The general trend amongst the operational GFS/ECM is to trend slow and make subtle changes since the breakdown of the -NAO. The GFS/ECm did this with the last storm that passed through the OV and developed into the HECS coastal storm--and at least the GFS is doing it here again.

Yeah I hate to say it because it might put the screws to some, but this might be the our classic NW trend event of yesteryear.

i'll echo the :wub: above, but it's going to take a pretty monster shift to bring this area back in the game, about as likely as the Bears beating the pack.

Eh, it depends what you mean "back in the game". If you mean bullseye, then I agree with you. If you mean simply getting shovelable snow, than I very much disagree!

Packers by 10. You guys played 3 teams with above .500 record this season, and won by a total of 11 points. The only way the Packers lose is because of either 1) The weather, or 2) Special Teams.

Pack have better offense/defense, and we should have beat you guys the first game in Solider Field if it wasnt for a Jones fumble and 18 penalites.

Anyways, I'm pretty much out of the game on this storm, so next. :snowman:

Archived