Newest Member
    Toothache
January 19-21 MW/GL/OV Storm Potential

snowlover2

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:D

I don't like riding the line though. That's how pretty much every storm is here.

I'm estimating, but it's probably somewhere in the 0.20-0.50" QPF range for you.

Friv is probably in the 0.15-0.30" range. The greatest precip, going from NW to SE, is right between JLN and STL ironically...though JLN is a lot closer than STL.

I'm estimating, but it's probably somewhere in the 0.20-0.50" QPF range for you.

Friv is probably in the 0.10-0.30" range. The greatest precip is right between JLN and STL ironically.

Thanks, Euro has been behaving strangely recently though. Keeps want to cut something off in the southwest. GGEM had best precip from NE OK into Central Ark, GFS had best precip in SE Kansas. Been disappointed with the lack of storms wrapping up this year, seems like everything is disorganized junk or positively tilted until it reaches the east coast of course.

Thanks, Euro has been behaving strangely recently though. Keeps want to cut something off in the southwest. GGEM had best precip from NE OK into Central Ark, GFS had best precip in SE Kansas. Been disappointed with the lack of storms wrapping up this year, seems like everything is disorganized junk or positively tilted until it reaches the east coast of course.

Almost all of the storms have come into the pacific Nw instead of the SW. The pattern has made a lot of storms dive south and not go negative tilt until later. We need the ridge to come west or for the high in the southern pacific to get out of the way. We have been in this pacific NW and bomb off the coast pattern for a month.

Yeah it seems like that lately. A few storm threats that had a ton of potential fizzled out--but that is the way it goes. We still have a long way to go.

FFS. Remember when the NW trend existed? Those were swell times.

i tell ya what, i saw that 144 hr euro 500 and thought for sure it was gonna send a storm up inland at 168. Ended up pretty close but too far east. Normally I would be excited at this range thinking plenty of time for a sharper trough and stronger storm, however, this year it's more likely the storm will disappear vs. trend one way or other.

jma is a big hit with overruning MO valley, lower OV, and especially TN valley... but no coastal like the euro has 2 days later.

my hunch is that one of these systems, either the overruning event thurs/fri or the coastal sat/sun will become the bigger, more widespread event and the other will disappear.

FFS. Remember when the NW trend existed? Those were swell times.

good ole days when the euro showed a coastal at day 6 and there was a strong chance it would become an app runner. Likewise app runners at day 6 became chicago specials...

*sigh*

now the euro seems to have developed some weird fetish for eastcoast lows. Has there been a 7 day run on the euro over the last couple months where it wasn't showing a coastal?

jma is a big hit with overruning MO valley, lower OV, and especially TN valley... but no coastal like the euro has 2 days later.

my hunch is that one of these systems, either the overruning event thurs/fri or the coastal sat/sun will become the bigger, more widespread event and the other will disappear.

Thinking how well developed the upper level system over the Lakes on Tuesday night/ Wednesday becomes will determine where the Thu/Fri system ends up. Classic reasoning...more developed initial storm, less wavelength between the storms, more confluence, more chance of the second storm getting quashed.

good ole days when the euro showed a coastal at day 6 and there was a strong chance it would become an app runner. Likewise app runners at day 6 became chicago specials...

*sigh*

now the euro seems to have developed some weird fetish for eastcoast lows. Has there been a 7 day run on the euro over the last couple months where it wasn't showing a coastal?

The EC snow weenies are loving them some Euro even though it has only verified about 2/50 coastal events.

Archived