• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 19-21 MW/GL/OV Storm Potential

snowlover2

I think it has potential at least, to say its a cross between GFS/Euro is foolish because both have bias issues at this phase, GFS suppression/cold bias and the Euro is trying to hold back energy in SW which is another known bias, I think at worst right now I'd look for something similar to the GGEM.

Bold call. I'll take your red tag as collateral. :)

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bold call. I'll take your red tag as collateral. :)

Eh I'm sure it will come back to bite me in the rear, but things can only miss for so long, and with the cold air coming down it wont be coming quietly. The only way things don't work out would be if this first system lays down confluence in its wake and things come out in weak pieces, which is possible.

I think it has potential at least, to say its a cross between GFS/Euro is foolish because both have bias issues at this phase, GFS suppression/cold bias and the Euro is trying to hold back energy in SW which is another known bias, I think at worst right now I'd look for something similar to the GGEM.

6z nam comes in with a wave moving pretty far north...all northern stream domination, (even causing precip issues here in ohio). Gotta give it some cred based on seasonal trends of the northern branch domination. OTOH as you mentioned, this is the first one with such a strong cold shot plunging in.

gonna be an interesting few days of models ahead :popcorn:

btw, just read in another the thread that the ggem op was a total outlier compared to the ensembles....none of them showed the op solution

6z nam comes in with a wave moving pretty far north...all northern stream domination, (even causing precip issues here in ohio). Gotta give it some cred based on seasonal trends of the northern branch domination. OTOH as you mentioned, this is the first one with such a strong cold shot plunging in.

gonna be an interesting few days of models ahead :popcorn:

btw, just read in another the thread that the ggem op was a total outlier compared to the ensembles....none of them showed the op solution

It was wrong and 12z will trend south.

EDIT: by 54, it has.

i agree....slp is on the ky/tn border....150 miles would probably still keep me in the game but damn close.

Yeah there's still some wiggle room, but it seems the NAM...for these parts in Indiana...is the northern outlier right now. I think LAF can score an inch or two, but the heaviest will remain south along the I-70 corridor. By that I'm trying to use a consensus of the models right now. I really think you will do very well with this storm.

pretty big differences between the 0z GFS and 12z NAM. the NAM is stronger with the sfc low and further north bringing it to the KY/TN border at 84hr where the GFS has it along the gulf coast before kicking it and being weaker.

This is the winter of 'trust no model beyond 48hrs'. If it still shows this wednesday 00z, i'll start getting excited...and only if it has euro collaboration.

Yeah there's still some wiggle room, but it seems the NAM...for these parts in Indiana...is the northern outlier right now. I think LAF can score an inch or two, but the heaviest will remain south along the I-70 corridor. By that I'm trying to use a consensus of the models right now. I really think you will do very well with this storm.

why would this not cut further north? The block is gone

This is the winter of 'trust no model beyond 48hrs'. If it still shows this wednesday 00z, i'll start getting excited...and only if it has euro collaboration.

Euro has it for CMH, although not as wet as the recent NAM. No shock there I guess. Really just need the good Dr to hold firm and then increase QPF a bit.

Just for fun, 12z NAM has 0.35" for LAF with temps in the 23-24º range. It's nice to dream...

Euro has it for CMH, although not as wet as the recent NAM. No shock there I guess. Really just need the good Dr to hold firm and then increase QPF a bit.

Just for fun, 12z NAM has 0.35" for LAF with temps in the 23-24º range. It's nice to dream...

the cold just north of the low is impressive. Also looks like the nam wants to bring down the arctic hammer a bit more. Would make sense if we can get a phase.

Archived