Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 19-21 MW/GL/OV Storm Potential

snowlover2

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this would be an interesting question for Jbcmh.... when was the last winter franklin county went without a single winterstorm watch/warning

Might be hard to compare because I believe Franklin county was only recently upgraded to the 6 inch criteria. So, based on the old way from a just a couple years ago we should have been under at least 1 or 2 warnings so far.

12z Euro is a major bummer, it's even less than the GFS :arrowhead: GFS/Euro vs GEM/NAM now. Let's see now who would I rather have on my side....:yikes:

Uhh they are getting a snowstorm today that is certain...

Well to be fair to Angry, I think a lot of people associate New England with places like Boston or Worcester. Per their respective airport obs, it's currently 37º and rain at BOS and 22º and -ZR at ORH. Inland areas are cashing though.

Well to be fair to Angry, I think a lot of people associate New England with places like Boston or Worcester. Per their respective airport obs, it's currently 37º and rain at BOS and 22º and -ZR at ORH. Inland areas are cashing though.

Yeah, I understand that but the region as a whole is doing well, just the coast is getting jobbed.

It tis what is tis. OL is whining and crying over his poor winter by over blowing storms and creating possibilities that don't exist so he can whine more and more. Why don't you confront him instead ok?

Dude, might be best to ease off the gas pedal a little bit.

It tis what is tis. OL is whining and crying over his poor winter by over blowing storms and creating possibilities that don't exist so he can whine more and more. Why don't you confront him instead ok?

Not sure why you're melting down. Stop speaking in absolutes and grant other posters the respect they allow to you.

well i did say major snow and ice in new england, which he said was WRONG

plenty of reports of 6+ in the burbs of boston

reports from ORH 8-9 spot totals.

there will be lots of totals in excess of 6+ north of I-90.

south of I-90 looking at 2-6

frzra also >0.25, up to half inch in spots after the snow

some locations in new england will approach one foot.

its a major snow/ice storm hence the WSW.....its the southern part of the storm that never happened for us....ended up happening for them.

The problem is, he didn't offer any respect, just self-rightous generalizations to my questions. We all have them, you have them. So we disagree. But I don't need somebody forcing it back in my face.

LOL...all he said was that New England is getting a snow and ice storm. They are. Dude, step away from the keyboard for a little bit.

Yeah, I understand that but the region as a whole is doing well, just the coast is getting jobbed.

Eh semantics I guess, but ORH is not on the coast. Matter of fact a lot of MA and CT for that matter, are mixing at 2PM.

CENTRAL AND WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS

WORCESTER FRZ RAIN 21 21 100 NE12 29.85F VSB 1/4 WCI 9

FITCHBURG MIX PCPN 21 18 86 N3 29.94F

ORANGE MIX PCPN 28 26 92 NE3 29.89F

SPRINGFIELD FRZ RAIN 26 24 93 N8 29.87F WCI 18

WESTFIELD FRZ RAIN 25 21 86 N12 29.87F FOG WCI 14

NORTH ADAMS FRZ RAIN 30 25 80 E14G22 29.84F WCI 20

PITTSFIELD MIX PCPN 27 24 89 NE8 29.80F WCI 19

CONNECTICUT

CITY SKY/WX TMP DP RH WIND PRES REMARKS

BRADLEY INTL FRZ RAIN 27 23 86 N13 29.84F WCI 16

HARTFORD FRZ RAIN 27 24 89 N8 29.85F FOG WCI 19

BRIDGEPORT LGT RAIN 38 36 92 E22G30 29.73F VSB 1 WCI 27

DANBURY FRZ RAIN 32 30 93 E9 29.75F VSB 1 WCI 24

GROTON RAIN 40 38 93 E20G28 29.79F FOG WCI 30

NEW HAVEN LGT RAIN 43 39 86 E16G24 29.74F FOG

CHESTER LGT RAIN 37 N/A N/A E10G20 29.77F VSB 1 WCI 30

MERIDEN FRZ RAIN 28 26 92 N8 29.80F FOG WCI 20

WILLIMANTIC LGT RAIN 37 36 93 E9 29.82F FOG WCI 31

OXFORD LGT RAIN 30 28 93 E12 29.76F FOG WCI 21

I suggest anyone about to blow their top head over to OT and read "Baroclinic_Instability Is Pessimistic". The final paragraph applies here. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

"My only request is that everyone lighten up a little bit. Sometimes things become a little snappy when folks realize snow/big storms may not be heading their way. It is a weather board--there are far worse things in life than a missed storm. Don't take it so seriously and have fun with it! "

Eh semantics I guess, but ORH is not on the coast. Matter of fact a lot of MA and CT for that matter, are mixing at 2PM.

Yeah might not be a snowstorm, but ice is a cruel B****. The correct way of putting it is a winter storm, the coast is where the rain is for the most part though.

well i did say major snow and ice in new england, which he said was WRONG

plenty of reports of 6+ in the burbs of boston

reports from ORH 8-9 spot totals.

there will be lots of totals in excess of 6+ north of I-90.

south of I-90 looking at 2-6

frzra also >0.25, up to half inch in spots after the snow

some locations in new england will approach one foot.

its a major snow/ice storm hence the WSW.....its the southern part of the storm that never happened for us....ended up happening for them.

Fair enough, you're right. Point taken. I'm not sure why I even got involved. :(:axe:

LOL...all he said was that New England is getting a snow and ice storm. They are. Dude, step away from the keyboard for a little bit.

yeah thats all i said, as i was chatting with SSC about the persistence of the pattern even though its changed.

not sure why Angry got so Angry about me mentioning the snow and ice in new england, which in fact IS occurring.

I suggest anyone about to blow their top head over to OT and read "Baroclinic_Instability Is Pessimistic". The final paragraph applies here. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

"My only request is that everyone lighten up a little bit. Sometimes things become a little snappy when folks realize snow/big storms may not be heading their way. It is a weather board--there are far worse things in life than a missed storm. Don't take it so seriously and have fun with it! "

5 post limits forthcoming. Ya better cool it.

Archived