gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Return to normalcy before all hell break's loose again

moneypitmike

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:unsure: We've gone not even two years without a significance of clippers (including last winter's El Nino). I don't agree that they're a dying breed.

Two years is a long time to me, especially since ninas are northern stream driven, however, blocking and clippers dont get along, and this aint your mommas nina.

I miss them, that is all.

It looks to me like it has transitioned to a LES band now west to east right across that same area of the Southern Dacks that got hit and extending east to southern VT and the far northern Berkshires. It would be nice of that would slip south, but I doubt it.

Rick, looks like some action regenerating to the South now, looks like the trajectory is good to pick up a bit more here. Any falling there for you now? :Looks like it.

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT

SPOTTER REPORTS

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE ALBANY NY

720 PM EST SAT JAN 15 2011

THE FOLLOWING ARE UNOFFICIAL OBSERVATIONS TAKEN DURING THE

PAST 12 HOURS FOR THE STORM THAT HAS BEEN AFFECTING OUR

REGION. APPRECIATION IS EXTENDED TO HIGHWAY

DEPARTMENTS...COOPERATIVE OBSERVERS...SKYWARN SPOTTERS

AND MEDIA FOR THESE REPORTS. THIS SUMMARY IS ALSO

AVAILABLE ON OUR HOME PAGE AT WEATHER.GOV/ALBANY

********************STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL********************

LOCATION STORM TOTAL TIME/DATE COMMENTS

SNOWFALL OF

/INCHES/ MEASUREMENT

NEW YORK

...ALBANY COUNTY...

KNOX 1.2 513 PM 1/15 WEATHERNET6

1 ENE MCKOWNVILLE T 700 PM 1/15 NWS ALBANY OFFICE

...FULTON COUNTY...

CAROGA LAKE 6.5 448 PM 1/15 WEATHERNET6

FISHHOUSE 5.0 501 PM 1/15 WEATHERNET6

BROADALBIN 4.0 358 PM 1/15 WEATHERNET6

...GREENE COUNTY...

GREENVILLE CENTER 0.5 434 PM 1/15 TRAINED SPOTTER

...HAMILTON COUNTY...

WELLS 5.0 434 PM 1/15 TRAINED SPOTTER

LAKE PLEASANT 5.0 708 PM 1/15 TRAINED SPOTTER

SPECULATOR 4.8 550 PM 1/15 WEATHERNET6

...HERKIMER COUNTY...

POLAND 5.6 647 PM 1/15 TRAINED SPOTTER

DOLGEVILLE 4.5 553 PM 1/15 TRAINED SPOTTER

...MONTGOMERY COUNTY...

FONDA 2.2 314 PM 1/15 WEATHERNET6

FORT PLAIN 2.0 306 PM 1/15 TRAINED SPOTTER

GLEN 1.5 410 PM 1/15 WEATHERNET6

...SARATOGA COUNTY...

SARATOGA SPRINGS 2.7 531 PM 1/15 WEATHERNET6

WILTON 1.8 301 PM 1/15 RETIRED FAA OBSERVER

...SCHOHARIE COUNTY...

CHARLOTTEVILLE 2.0 535 PM 1/15 WEATHERNET6

FULTON 1.2 603 PM 1/15 WEATHERNET6

JEFFERSON 1.0 459 PM 1/15 WEATHERNET6

SCHOHARIE 1.0 547 PM 1/15 WEATHERNET6

...ULSTER COUNTY...

HIGHMOUNT 1.0 340 PM 1/15 WEATHERNET6

WEST SHOKAN 0.1 439 PM 1/15 WEATHERNET6

KERHONKSON T 337 PM 1/15 WEATHERNET6

...WARREN COUNTY...

QUEENSBURY 2.3 706 PM 1/15 PUBLIC

WARRENSBURG 1.5 508 PM 1/15 WEATHERNET6

...WASHINGTON COUNTY...

COSSAYUNA 3.0 539 PM 1/15 WEATHERNET6

HUDSON FALLS 2.0 655 PM 1/15 WEATHERNET6

VERMONT

...BENNINGTON COUNTY...

LANDGROVE 2.0 528 PM 1/15 WEATHERNET6

...WINDHAM COUNTY...

SOUTH NEWFANE 4.5 536 PM 1/15 TRAINED SPOTTER

$$

FRUGIS

Tomorrow looks bitter. Most places stay in the teens all day for highs

9 is the forecast high here. Double digits below zero again tonight (last night was warm relatively speaking). Have your friends sabotaged your snowbanks yet? More snow on the way for repairs should they be necessary.

9 is the forecast high here. Double digits below zero again tonight (last night was warm relatively speaking). Have your friends sabotaged your snowbanks yet? More snow on the way for repairs should they be necessary.

He drove by yesterday..but the snowbanks are too high and deep for him to do it..

33 inches of snow in 5 days was too much..Me and snow FTW...him FTL

MRG now up to 48" of new snow since Sunday. Heading back one day this week. Any skiers thinking about where to go should head to General Stark Mountain. 39$ lift ticket and the best terrain in the East is an unbeatable deal.

Have you skiied Cannon and the Mittersill Backcountry area? I'm going up there in three weeks, cannot wait.

"Mittersill Backcountry Area:

OPEN! The Mittersill Double Chair services 86 acres of EXPERT ONLY backcountry-style terrain with all natural conditions. While skiing & riding Mittersill please use caution and never ski or ride alone."

He drove by yesterday..but the snowbanks are too high and deep for him to do it..

33 inches of snow in 5 days was too much..Me and snow FTW...him FTL

LOL, I picture him prowling your neighborhood waiting to strike. I yelled at my buddy at 5:30 am the other day because he pissed on one of my snowbanks when we were loading the truck for MRG. I called him a f*ckin' animal and told him he wasn't in the wilds of Alaska and he should act like human being. He laughed and threatened to take a dump as well. When we got home I took a shovel and repaired the unsightly damage. Animal.

Have you skiied Cannon and the Mittersill Backcountry area? I'm going up there in three weeks, cannot wait.

OPEN! The Mittersill Double Chair services 86 acres of EXPERT ONLY backcountry-style terrain with all natural conditions. While skiing & riding Mittersill please use caution and never ski or ride alone."

Yes, the conditions weren't that great but nice terrain. Wear a helmet.

Can't remember which ski forum but I read 2 post storm trip reports that said the new terrain was awesome but the 2' champagne powder they got was too lite to bury some of the hazards. Supposedly some really nice hidden trails and chutes.

Someone also said the new chairlift was a black diamond to dismount at the top. - lol.

MRG now up to 48" of new snow since Sunday. Heading back one day this week. Any skiers thinking about where to go should head to General Stark Mountain. 39$ lift ticket and the best terrain in the East is an unbeatable deal.

Dude I almost died when I saw WaWa charges 41 bucks for five hours of night skiing, was thinking of going up there Tuesday night but not now.

Archived