• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Return to normalcy before all hell break's loose again

moneypitmike

Even my BY got down to 9. This is all low level cold aided and abetted by a region wide deep snow cover. I walked the dog...around 3 miles between 11 and midnight last night Urban areas mainly.....again...simply stupendous scene with snow everywhere and even in city areas, still clean and white. Winter rocks this year!

Waltham looked like they had a good 16-18 inches OTG yesterday when i was there.with weenie flurries most of the morning...def. a wetter look to the snow there than here..with many of the trees still plastered

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steady light snow here now... It is clear however in looking at radar trends that the bulk of the initial warm advection snows will be north of I-90 in ENY and mainly north of route 2 in New England. The tailing snow behind the low may come through as a squall line for all.

Waltham looked like they had a good 16-18 inches OTG yesterday when i was there.with weenie flurries most of the morning...def. a wetter look to the snow there than here..with many of the trees still plastered

Steady light snow here now... It is clear however in looking at radar trends that the bulk of the initial warm advection snows will be north of I-90 in ENY and mainly north of route 2 in New England. The tailing snow behind the low may come through as a squall line for all.

Precisely my thoughts Rick. Frigid on the way I suspect however you do surprisingly well Tues/Wed.

How was the traffic coming in? Yes I think snow east of 495 had higher water. I still have snow plastered everywhere on trees....has remained strikingly beautiful.

KCEF reported a reading of -14 at 5am. At 2pm the reading is 25. So in other words the temp has risen 39 degrees in 9 hours there. Just asking does that seem a little bit suspect ?

No. SFM was -11 and has a high of 25. I was -11 and am currently 28.0. Cweat will tell you it's the impressive January sun angle doing its job.

No. SFM was -11 and has a high of 25. I was -11 and am currently 28.0. Cweat will tell you it's the impressive January sun angle doing its job.

:lol:

When I first went out with the dog at 7:30 or so, it was -6.1 and I though... hey, it's cold!

When I was just out now doing some work I had a sweatshirt on, no gloves, 24F, and I was thinking, hey, it's not bad!

:lol:

When I first went out with the dog at 7:30 or so, it was -6.1 and I though... hey, it's cold!

When I was just out now doing some work I had ass-less chaps on, no pants, 24F, and I was thinking, hey, it's not bad!

:unsure:

Well, fwiw, I thought it wasn't too bad either when I left to do errands at 9:00. Temp was right around zero at that point but it didn't feel too bad ... guess I'm just getting acclimated.

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 AM SUNDAY MORNING/...

-- Changed Discussion --CLIPPER SYSTEM APPROACHING NORTHERN NEW YORK WILL MOVE NEAR THE

INTERNATIONAL BORDER DURING THE NIGHT. THE CENTRAL LOW PRESSURE

WILL DRAG A WEAK COLD FRONT THROUGH SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND DURING

THE FIRST HALF OF THE NIGHT. RADAR AND SURFACE OBSERVATIONS SHOWED

SNOW SHOWERS ACROSS NEW YORK MOVING EAST. LESS AREAL COVERAGE BY

PRECIPITATION FARTHER SOUTH IN PENNSYLVANIA...BUT THIS TOO IS

MOVING EAST. INTENSITES PER SURFACE OBS VARY FROM FLURRIES IN MOST

SPOTS TO HEAVIER SHOWERS WITH 1-2 MILE VSBYS IN A FEW LOCATIONS.

Observations fail. 1/3 mile attm.

Archived