Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Return to normalcy before all hell break's loose again

moneypitmike

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The storm thread always turns into the banter thread because people like one thread. Every time. Not saying this is good or bad, merely an observation.

Going below 0 last night in Sterling, CT was tough on one bird in particular. A Rufous Hummingbird that had been visiting a hummingbird feeder for 106 days had to be captured. It was too weak and struggling to feed itself. It is quite amazing it lived a day beyond September. It typically winters in Central America and breeds on the west coast of the US. How that tiny thing survived in the bitter cold and snow we've had, it's insane.

The storm thread always turns into the banter thread because people like one thread. Every time. Not saying this is good or bad, merely an observation.

Going below 0 last night in Sterling, CT was tough on one bird in particular. A Rufous Hummingbird that had been visiting a hummingbird feeder for 106 days had to be captured. It was too weak and struggling to feed itself. It is quite amazing it lived a day beyond September. It typically winters in Central America and breeds on the west coast of the US. How that tiny thing survived in the bitter cold and snow we've had, it's insane.

I live two house from Sterling, cool story, it survived all this time, wow

Re banter, it was done and over before he read it and nobody complained, idk what the big lecture was all about, it was in between runs, dead zone, whateva.

Tremendous day...........its been a never ending sledding marathon this weekend, another hour or two then its time for gang green.

Where do you go sledding? We're constantly looking for a good place and in all these years haven't found anything that I want to go back and do again with the kids. None of the local golf courses let us on them anymore and the town parks have made it less than enjoyable with all the barriers they put up. At this point I would drive up to you if the spot is worth the effort.

Yes and its a damn shame....we've been trying to stop that.

A storm threat thread should be on just the storm threat so that when people come in and click on it to get the latest, they don't have to dig through 20 pages of drivel just to get an idea of what is going on. People who are on all the time and keep updated with the thread will not understand this concept very well.

At any rate, this is why we have an obs and banter thread, so people can have a place to do that without cluttering up a storm thread.

A storm threat thread should be on just the storm threat so that when people come in and click on it to get the latest, they don't have to dig through 20 pages of drivel just to get an idea of what is going on. People who are on all the time and keep updated with the thread will not understand this concept very well.

At any rate, this is why we have an obs and banter thread, so people can have a place to do that without cluttering up a storm thread.

I don't think you're ever going to get what you want with this. People want to banter in the thread everybody is in, and it's a spontaneous thing. You can't really expect people to say, "Uh oh, we're starting to banter here, let's all go to the banter thread and continue bantering."..The moment is lost.

FWIW, I never have any trouble figuring out what the latest is in the storm thread, regardless of how much banter is going on. I do have to skip over blocks of pages in the winter, but that's going to happen regardless of which threads are being used. Oh yeah, and anyone who came to this thread right now to banter would find that there's no one here to banter with.

I was up at Killington and gotta say the conditions were unbelievable. They've been getting 2-3 inches of perfect low water content powder every night and a little bit more than that from the recent coastal. Conditions easily rivaled some of the decent days I've skied out west, if anyone is considering heading out for some skiing especially if you're a fan of glades I think you'll want to get up there especially if this upcoming storm ends up as a good hit. They already have about 36"+ base and another foot or so on top of that would make it absolutely perfect.

I don't think you're ever going to get what you want with this. People want to banter in the thread everybody is in, and it's a spontaneous thing. You can't really expect people to say, "Uh oh, we're starting to banter here, let's all go to the banter thread and continue bantering."..The moment is lost.

FWIW, I never have any trouble figuring out what the latest is in the storm thread, regardless of how much banter is going on. I do have to skip over blocks of pages in the winter, but that's going to happen regardless of which threads are being used. Oh yeah, and anyone who came to this thread right now to banter would find that there's no one here to banter with.

Its not about me personally and what I want. I was fine with the old way because I am in the thread often enough. Its a majority of other members who like to see what is going on. Its not necessarily the most vocal members either.

I live two house from Sterling, cool story, it survived all this time, wow

Re banter, it was done and over before he read it and nobody complained, idk what the big lecture was all about, it was in between runs, dead zone, whateva.

Yeah, think of one of us trying to live outside for the past 106 days and drinking nothing but nectar with some protein added. Long dead.

Yeah, your second reply here answered it all. Ah well. I think keeping this thread as active as can be would/will help reinforce the division.

Archived