Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Return to normalcy before all hell break's loose again

moneypitmike

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bluebird day. Clear skies and crisp. 23/4 light wind.

Meeting a buddy to back country ski for a few hours and then home to snow rake the edges of the roof.

Thursday off from working ftw.

Oh man what a beauty. Just went for a snowshoe myself. The backcountry is gonna be sweet! Bring your rock skis, because even though there might be 30+ out there, it's super fluffy and there's not a whole lot of base underneath.

You missed a sweet powder day at the B'east yesterday, but I'm sure you'll get your fill today. Yummy powpow :snowman:

I was just checking out other threads and this one caught my eye:

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php?/topic/8486-january-11-12-storm-obsdiscussion/page__st__940

That guy "Ian" relly does not seem to like New Englanders. Even seemed to be happy that "The Cape got screwed"

lol - just thought all of this was funny. We may need to build a wall to separate NE from the MA one day.

http://www.americanw...n/page__st__940

That guy "Ian" relly does not seem to like New Englanders. Even seemed to be happy that "The Cape got screwed"

lol - just thought all of this was funny. We may need to build a wall to separate NE from the MA one day.

Ian is from CT originally. I think he lived NW of Hartford.

http://www.americanw...n/page__st__940

Nice pics of the homestead!

Chilly day today. I was 22* at midnight, but never got above 20.6 during the daylight hours.

17.7/9

You know what, I am still in awe, the neighborhood is plastered in white, even the dusting on the back deck that fell overnight is still there. The plows have now gone by six times. It is stunning the beauty every different road I go down. The pines are still hanging over power lines everywhere. The more I look the more I think, although not the deepest snow I have witnessed in 53 years, this is now the favorite storm of my life.

You know what, I am still in awe, the neighborhood is plastered in white, even the dusting on the back deck that fell overnight is still there. The plows have now gone by six times. It is stunning the beauty every different road I go down. The pines are still hanging over power lines everywhere. The more I look the more I think, although not the deepest snow I have witnessed in 53 years, this is now the favorite storm of my life.

Really? And you have seen some incredible things. That is awesome.

Around here, it was pretty good, but meh. Probably only the 3rd or 4th biggest snow since I moved to my current house in '98

Good for you (and Blizz, etc.)

Speaking of roofs, the house is so much warmer with two foot of insulation on the roof.

:thumbsup: Our roof was blown almost clear on one side. The snow here was very fluffy, high ratio stuff that didn't stick at all. My daughter was pizzed since we couldn't make snowmen. But the sledding out back was tremendous.

I took a couple of pics of some drifty stuff on the edges of my roof that I might post, but Stratuslove's from a couple weeks ago make mine look like amateur night.

CT FTW in this one

Really? And you have seen some incredible things. That is awesome.

Around here, it was pretty good, but meh. Probably only the 3rd or 4th biggest snow since I moved to my current house in '98

Good for you (and Blizz, etc.)

Did you see my pics with my crappy cell phone of the arborvitae?, dude there are sculptures everywhere. One house with a long driveway lined with pines reminded me of the movie The Shining with Jack Nicholson, just breathtakng in the morning sun. Yea as far as complete snow, Weenies dream countryside this is it.

Did you see my pics with my crappy cell phone of the arborvitae?, dude there are sculptures everywhere. One house with a long driveway lined with pines reminded me of the movie The Shining with Jack Nicholson, just breathtakng in the morning sun. Yea as far as complete snow. Weenies dream countryside this is it.

Yeah, I saw those. Great images. I love how snow can change the landscape and during a big event it brings much of the sensible world around us to a halt. What impresses me is that I know you have seen monster storms of all kinds and place this above it. It must be magical.

Better than Feb '69

Better than Feb '78

Better than Mar '93, April '97

etc etc etc..

although I suppose those were different where you lived.

Etch them into your mind... live it breathe it relish it

19F, and dark outside,

Came home to a disaster tonight. I like the kids to play behind, or on the other side of the house, away from the driveway. Mainly because this is where the cars come in and out, and just because it's not really a great place to play. In the winter, I particularly don't like them to play here. I am very particular with my snow, and like to keep it neat in this area, especially where I snow blow my piles. Well, today they decimated my snow santuary, toa point where it looks like a herd of elephants busted through.

Oh, the horror.

19F, and dark outside,

Came home to a disaster tonight. I like the kids to play behind, or on the other side of the house, away from the driveway. Mainly because this is where the cars come in and out, and just because it's not really a great place to play. In the winter, I particularly don't like them to play here. I am very particular with my snow, and like to keep it neat in this area, especially where I snow blow my piles. Well, today they decimated my snow santuary, toa point where it looks like a herd of elephants busted through.

Oh, the horror.

Kevin, stop posting under other user's names...

Yeah, I saw those. Great images. I love how snow can change the landscape and during a big event it brings much of the sensible world around us to a halt. What impresses me is that I know you have seen monster storms of all kinds and place this above it. It must be magical.

Better than Feb '69

Better than Feb '78

Better than Mar '93, April '97

etc etc etc..

although I suppose those were different where you lived.

Etch them into your mind... live it breathe it relish it

Each storm had it's own magic, intensity, snow amounts, wind, snow, 97 was a cake snow that melted off the trees as soon as day broke, 78 was just the most intense ever, 03 was a powder festival like KeV has, 93 was ferocious, 69 was deep. This has the look, depth, lasting power, intense rates, t snow, beauty combined.number 1combined.

Pete Drifts! Check out my pics from work, find some take pics of unadulterated snow.

Steve, been on a ski binge. I'm heading back to the 2k site in the morning where we got about 40" with some howling winds so I'll find some good shots. About to drop now but will check everything out tomorrow night. Happy Winter!!!!

Just a little chuckle, just went outside for some wood, that sound when you walk on compacted powder at night, nothing like it underneath foot. Also its just hystercial to walk outside, with 6-7' snowpiles on either side lol, no place to put the snow.

If you live in sw ct, and get a chance, take a ride over to southport, exit 19, and drive around, thats where the heart of the mega band sat, there is simply a disgusting amount of snow, no place to put it, like your driving on a country road in ireland, have to pull to the side to let other traffic by.'

Winter could end today, and it would have been epic, not often we see the combination of 3 sig snowfalls, two hecs one mega norlun and plenty of adequate cold to keep it around...............even Pete would feel right at home hanging at my pad right now........................LOL :snowman: :snowman: :snowman: :snowman: :snowman:

Archived