SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NYC Jan 11-12 Regional Obs Thread

jm1220

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you look closely at the radar into E PA you can see that the edge of the echos are already beginning to become rounded off...to me thats a good indication that the coastal is taking over and that banding will commence soon.

Here in Far Eastern Morris County its snowing lightly and a dusting has fallen so far.

Moderate snow with some big flakes; have picked up a quick 1/2" in the past hour or so. 27F. Radar looks awesome. Would love to get another double digit storm. After reading so many posts conjecturing on the eventual track of the coastal, will be interesting to see where it goes and where the heaviest bands set up. Crossing fingers...

Guest Patrick

Moderate snow now in Clifton NJ.... Flakes very well defined & healthy - much better form than 12/26....although I have to say, I am keeping this all relative. Compared to 12/26, this might be a "light" event, but considering it is a LaNina winter and I already tripled my expected snowfall for the season, this is pure magic. Breeze just picked up a bit too... interestingly, from the North.

Archived