joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NYC Jan 11-12 Regional Obs Thread

jm1220

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

could very well happen...I think the GFS has been largely out to lunch, but even the NAM and SREF may not be bringing the heaviest action far enough west. we shall see! radar looks pretty impressive so far.

quincy jon from western.. what do you think of the ruc stalling the low around boston for several hours tomorrow.. and having accumulating snow through western ct until at least 4 or 5 pm??? thats would be 18 hours of moderate/heavy snow... easily bringing totals over 2 feet.. also have you seen the radar off central nj???

quincy jon from western.. what do you think of the ruc stalling the low around boston for several hours tomorrow.. and having accumulating snow through western ct until at least 4 or 5 pm??? thats would be 18 hours of moderate/heavy snow... easily bringing totals over 2 feet.. also have you seen the radar off central nj???

oh and how do i get my met tag on this site??? who do i message??

Message a moderator or preferably an administrator.

If only we had dual-pol radar... it'd be so much easier to detect the mixing line a la bright banding vs. just very intense snow rates. Soon... soon. :D

Some of the initial reports on dual-pol indicate that even that has some accuracy problems.

Archived