joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Storm Dicussion - January 11-12

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't like a NAM track, but I think even an outer Cape track would be ok for us. The GFS ensembles start the low east and then almost move it nnw and then more n-nne. If the low is bombing along the 70W line, that could be great for us.

I'd love the NAM track....that would induce a rt 128 cf.

Yeah...every member is way juicier to the N and W than the op. Not sure if it's a red flag or a coarseness factor of the lower res ensembles.

below

Hope its the former.... :guitar:

below

I'd be inclined to think that since we're not talking a couple members, that there's something to it.

But what the hell do I know? lol

Read page 8 kind of interesting that at 48 hours http://www.ral.ucar....emble_final.pdf

This is going to be obvious but GEFSg?

--

Some of the verification stuff - IMO largely irrelevant because this will come down to small placement differences of energy in the flow...but interesting to see: UK may be doing poorly at the surface but at 2 days...it's not as bad as people are making it out to be.

nh500z_2days_ac_rms.gif

Big one on the way. Cold night....like days of yore.... .I wax somewhat wistful as the years dwindle. While perfectly healthy, these events in terms of my experience is are less frequent for me vs most of you simply due to the sands of time. Gonna love this one though!

Thing is Jerry, nobody knows when the Fates will cut the cord so I try to enjoy each one. Whether it's 2-4" or 24". I've felt since earlt Fall that the evolution of this season was really a throwback to years gone by. Everything has progressed perfectly toward a quintessential New England Winter and now we're in the midst of it. I'll relish every flake. BTW, you'll live to 100.

Big one on the way. Cold night....like days of yore.... .I wax somewhat wistful as the years dwindle. While perfectly healthy, these events in terms of my experience is are less frequent for me vs most of you simply due to the sands of time. Gonna love this one though!

Geez, you're bringing me down...

You are a young pup - 64 is the new 50! Rock the house Jerry!

Any way you can be home with the daughter Weds? This will be a xc ski on Comm Ave storm

Geez, you're bringing me down...

You are a young pup - 64 is the new 50! Rock the house Jerry!

Any way you can be home with the daughter Weds? This will be a xc ski on Comm Ave storm

Jerry just cranked up some old school Buddy Guy with Clapton, mixing in some back beats from Dre. Jerry is rockin the house.

Archived