northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January 10th-12th OV/MW/GL Winter Storm prospects

Harry

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, dry air FTL here. This is a different storm than those systems of December. LAF gets caught in between no man's land between the upper low out west and the developing low pressure system that tracks along the Ohio River. BTW, Lebanon 3-5". :guitar:

I think you're too low. Things don't look to have changed all that much from last night. Final call for LAF is 4-6". I do think there could be isolated amounts over 6" around the area. With the DGZ still progged to be 150-200 mb deep, I'm counting on high ratios to get us there.

I think you're too low. Things don't look to have changed all that much from last night. Final call for LAF is 4-6". I do think there could be isolated amounts over 6" around the area. With the DGZ still progged to be 150-200 mb deep, I'm counting on high ratios to get us there.

LAF has managed to sneak into sweet spots a lot this year. I was thinking 2-3, but the Euro leads me to believe 3-5 might be more like it down that way.

Already Saturated here, snowing in West County about 20 miles west of KSTL

did not expect that...18z RUC has snow develop east to me in 1 hour or so...with light accums.

still I can't believe we are saturated so fast, how can that happen.

850 mb moisture influx is pretty impressive, especially for this type of storm. I kind of figured we would see the atmosphere moisten up pretty quickly.

Happy Birthday! I assume Hoosier has now lifted your 24 HOUR 5-post ban now that it has been OVER 24 hours?

He's still banned??? Wow! Where are the banned rules posted anyway? Just curious.

Starting to see low level clouds working in from the southwest. I love the anticipation of the first big(ger) snow! Radar looks rather impressive in Missouri...what are the snow rates over there?

might just be a blip run, but this is a pretty nice intensity increase from 6z

hmm, seems the heavier 700rh omegas aren't matching up well with the precip output....looking at the second map you posted, you would expect equally heavy precip over southern ohio in the next frame, but its only heavier over nw and central ohio.

You're in the southwest metro area right? If so you could see more than that. Euro increased amounts to .25 and latest NAM looks beefier at 700mb which might help the area tap into the deep DGZ a little better.

I'm thinking in excess of 4 inches now 20 miles west of the loop...:snowman:

hmm, seems the heavier 700rh omegas aren't matching up well with the precip output....looking at the second map you posted, you would expect equally heavy precip over southern ohio in the next frame, but its only heavier over nw and central ohio.

18z nam initialized so far off from what is happening now it's really sad.

You're in the southwest metro area right? If so you could see more than that. Euro increased amounts to .25 and latest NAM looks beefier at 700mb which might help the area tap into the deep DGZ a little better.

Sounds good to me... :thumbsup:

I am in the I-55/I-290/I-294 triangle at the SW corner of it. DuPage County is 1/2 mile from me.

NWS Paducah doesn't sound real happy with Louisville

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PADUCAH KY

229 PM CST MON JAN 10 2011

UPDATE

JUST HAD A DISCUSSION WITH WFO LOUISVILLE. THEY WANT TO EXTEND

THEIR WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY TO THE TENNESSEE BORDER. THAT WOULD

IN EFFECT BOX US IN WITH ADVISORIES. IT IS NOT MY PREFERENCE TO

ISSUE ONE...BUT GIVEN LOCAL LEEWAY IN OUR POLICY...WITH RESPECT TO

ADVISORIES...THIS IS HOW I WILL SPIN IT. SINCE THE SNOW MAY HAVE

A SLIGHTLY GREATER REGIONAL IMPACT BY HAPPENING LATER TONIGHT INTO

TUESDAY MORNING (SCHOOL DECISIONS...MORNING TRAVEL...ETC) WILL GO

AHEAD AND FILL IN THE GAP. ITS PURELY COSMETIC AND NOT CRITERIA

DRIVEN. WILL MAYBE TWEAK THE FORECAST TO SAY AROUND AN INCH AND

REAFFIRM THE IMPACTS. AND...WE WOULD RATHER CONVEY A MORE

CONSISTENT DEPICTION THAT OUR USERS AND PARTNERS CAN WORK WITH.

.NOLES

Archived