joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 10th-12th OV/MW/GL Winter Storm prospects

Harry

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will just offer up my 2 cents then we can get back to the rest of the storm. I seriously doubt Dilly was 5 PPD because he was upset about storm totals. I think it was because he both mentioned he was angry and that he was drunk. The combo of the two usually doesn't end well, and I think Hoosier perhaps went with a 5 PPD to make sure Dilly didn't get too upset and go overboard. It has nothing to do with Ohio posters--and I am sure the 5 PPD is a temporary thing for the reasons I mentioned and not a bias against Ohio folks.

I will just offer up my 2 cents then we can get back to the rest of the storm. I seriously doubt Dilly was 5 PPD because he was upset about storm totals. I think it was because he both mentioned he was angry and that he was drunk. The combo of the two usually doesn't end well, and I think Hoosier perhaps went with a 5 PPD to make sure Dilly didn't get too upset and go overboard. It has nothing to do with Ohio posters--and I am sure the 5 PPD is a temporary thing for the reasons I mentioned and not a bias against Ohio folks.

This +100

+1

That is my hunch too.

Anyways.. Euro ensembles should be running shortly! Anyone plan to stay up for them?

+1

That is my hunch too.

Anyways.. Euro ensembles should be running shortly! Anyone plan to stay up for them?

I will be up anyways. I am more interested in seeing if the ECM ensembles suggest the west coast trough phases that weak migratory low for the next storm. ECM lost it this round, so did the GFS--although I don't expect them to get that right this far out.

I will be up anyways. I am more interested in seeing if the ECM ensembles suggest the west coast trough phases that weak migratory low for the next storm. ECM lost it this round, so did the GFS--although I don't expect them to get that right this far out.

Baro no offense but are you a robot? lol I swear you are on all day.

Good call on the amplification of the trough on the Euro! I totally missed the whole neutral/ positive NAO aspect. Learn something new every day - or reminded at least :) Thanks, you're a great asset to the forums and very knowledgeable. Look forward to future correspondence!

Baro no offense but are you a robot? lol I swear you are on all day.

Haha, well when I am not out I am always on a computer. Heck even when I go on vacation I am sitting there looking at weather information on my phone. Pretty pathetic I know. We are in such a computer age that sometimes we rely on it too much.

Haha, well when I am not out I am always on a computer. Heck even when I go on vacation I am sitting there looking at weather information on my phone. Pretty pathetic I know. We are in such a computer age that sometimes we rely on it too much.

Nah its not pathetic it was more of a joke that you are a robot who loves weather.

baro is like me, when there is a storm system that may impact their area or a large area of the country, we get the adrenaline going and makes it hard to sleep

Plus I just love tracking and forecasting weather--hence why I lurk everywhere including our own regional forums. Big storms definitely get the juices flowing though.

Good call on the amplification of the trough on the Euro! I totally missed the whole neutral/ positive NAO aspect. Learn something new every day - or reminded at least :) Thanks, you're a great asset to the forums and very knowledgeable. Look forward to future correspondence!

Well I was wrong at first, haha. 5-7 days out I thought this storm threat would get the wrong end of the -NAO before it went neutral/positive. We all learn though--I will definitely keep this event in the back of my mind for the next time this setup develops.

You are staying up? :)

Yep.. :weight_lift:

Yeah that did seem a bit odd how they sorta lost it.

baro is like me, when there is a storm system that may impact their area or a large area of the country, we get the adrenaline going and makes it hard to sleep

Can add me to that list. :thumbsup:

For the 03z SREF.. Just started.

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/namer/sref/03/model_s.shtml

Well I was wrong at first, haha. 5-7 days out I thought this storm threat would get the wrong end of the -NAO before it went neutral/positive. We all learn though--I will definitely keep this event in the back of my mind for the next time this setup develops.

Yes, a lot of people totally busted that one. I'm not sure many can honestly say they called this event or the cold spell outside of at least a smudge of wishcasting in there. All evidence was point toward a warm up and a Moderate La Nina was icing on the cake - but Congratulations to them regardless - Good call.

Archived