• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Midwest Thanksgiving Storm...

Powerball

BTW, I still got sleet here, Sterling Heights,,Mi,.

Nice to see another Macomb County poster, I also had sleet, both at the airport while I was on shift and when I got home in Eastpointe.

Also I'd take that GFS bufkit data and 1/2 it and you'd probably get your answer, I think right now a solid 1" of slush is possible tomorrow evening, which isn't bad considering all things.

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see another Macomb County poster, I also had sleet, both at the airport while I was on shift and when I got home in Eastpointe.

Also I'd take that GFS bufkit data and 1/2 it and you'd probably get your answer, I think right now a solid 1" of slush is possible tomorrow evening, which isn't bad considering all things.

The thing is that I dont remeber novembers being snowy at all, our winters really start to kick in mid-December, prior to that its just a bunch of sleet/rain storms.. So the season has not even started yet, we officially are still in fall. December will be a month to remember :D..

Looking out the window it looks like we got 4 inches of synoptic snow over night. Now it has stopped and now are waiting for the lake effect to kick in behind the system. Suppose to get a west flow so I am going to get hit hard with lake effect. Suppose to get up to a foot of lake effect and winds up to 40 mph. I am glad for the wet snow. It will make good packing snow to get all the rocks covered up in the driveway so I am not flinging rocks at my neighbors when using the snow blower.

Looking out the window it looks like we got 4 inches of synoptic snow over night. Now it has stopped and now are waiting for the lake effect to kick in behind the system. Suppose to get a west flow so I am going to get hit hard with lake effect. Suppose to get up to a foot of lake effect and winds up to 40 mph. I am glad for the wet snow. It will make good packing snow to get all the rocks covered up in the driveway so I am not flinging rocks at my neighbors when using the snow blower.

Nice. I'll be curious to see how much LES you pick up. Even though it will be wet snow, it may be hard to measure with 40MPH winds!

April of 05 is all I have to say to warm grounds. Anyone from Michigan knows the storm that came at the end of that month, and it was preceded by a week of 70s

To add to this, a lot of the snow occured during the day with what is a mid August sun sngle. I believe the temp also held just above freezing for most of the event, around 33F or 34F. The high sun angle made it really bright outside too. It didn't have a winter feel to it at all if you know what I mean. The lakeshore had no accumulation but all you had to do was drive a couple of miles inland and there was several inches of accumulation, it was an unusual event for sure.

Kankakee itself. I've been to Cabery...not much to see there. ;)

You can say that again..Don't sneeze when going through town or you might miss it..

1.25 in the bucket here overnight, with more to come. Looks like some enhancement on GRL3 down around Evansville. Might just get a small boomer in my area later on...Instability is very scarce however.....

12z NAM likes about 0.6" or so of snowfall for LAF later today. I'll believe it when I see it, but I'd say there is a decent chance at some changeover before the last round of precip moves east out this area.

Yea Cincy has finally got first mention of Accums in NWS Grids... less than an inch but still first mention.

The precip is here, will be all day. The cold air is not. Even though our local mets said a progressive front would usher the precip out as the sub freezing air moves in which was supposed to be here hours ago....turns out the cold front has basically stalled because a surface wave is riding up the front to the NE. So the cold air at the surface is being shunted from moving much further east at a fast enough rate to cool things off.

However apparently dry air is undercutting the precip and causing evaporational cooling, we have went from 40 to 35/36 in the last hour while the latest model runs have us much warmer so maybe there is still hope.

the RUC soundings are crap they are not even close to the real temp profile. Unfortunately there is no way to tell...a lot of weather underground places in stl have dropped into the 33-35 range from 40 in the last hour and half...so we will see.

Here I thought we might go the whole month of November without any accumulating snowfall. 1" or less seems safe, but at least it's something to get us started. Had less than an inch last November as well and wound up with a top 5 snowfall winter.

Are you thinking it will stick tonight? I'm worried warm, wet ground will melt any tiny bit of backside snow we get.

You're doing better than I am. Zero flakes or pellets so far this year. Just a few drops of freezing rain yesterday that promptly melted. More of the same with this next system it looks like.

Wow we had it last night during stebo's shift, my house this morn, and am keeping an eye on the sfc low position and 850 temps....I might get a little of that action tonight.:thumbsup:

Archived