12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Midwest Thanksgiving Storm...

Powerball

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3SM must have been the fog. Had a very brief change over and that was it.

Yep.

http://www.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KIKK.html

http://forecast.weather.gov/obslocal.php?warnzone=ILZ023&local_place=3+Miles+WSW+Kankakee+IL&zoneid=CST&offset=21600

2:02 PM Observation

2514:02W 14 G 182.00Light RainOVC006363229.79NA0.01

2:21 PM observation...

2514:21W 14 G 183.00Light SnowOVC008343029.78NA

Current observation (3:02 PM)...

15:02Overcast343087NW 14 G 1829.78

Ahhh....well that's an automated sensor so that could be it.....but good to know and appreciaiate the elaboration as it gives me a better idea of what's in-coming.

Very unlikely.

There were still radar returns over Kankakee at the time.

It must have been a very light snow (the profiles were cold enough).

Very unlikely.

There were still radar returns over Kankakee at the time.

It must have been a very light snow (the profiles were cold enough).

Right....that's why I mentioned the automated sensor....they can't tell with light precip....a few weeks ago I had normal sized flakes and 6SM and the sensors said no precip was falling....and right now I just dropped to 1 1/2SM and have very light rain and the sensor in the last 2 mintues was showing precip for a min then unsure....the sensors do that....that's why stebo and I are here to over-ride the system.

Right....that's why I mentioned the automated sensor....they can't tell with light precip....a few weeks ago I had normal sized flakes and 6SM and the sensors said no precip was falling....and right now I just dropped to 1 1/2SM and have very light rain and the sensor in the last 2 mintues was showing precip for a min then unsure....the sensors do that....that's why stebo and I are here to over-ride the system.

I see what you're saying, I quoted hte wrong person.

I meant the 3SM of pure fog was unlikely, given the winds and dry air advection.

I'm reading to much into this...it's mainly for fun...but here's my drive home tonight from T-Day festivities.

Leave my Aunt's house in Momence (eastern Kankakee Co) with light snow falling...drive over the border and it's a mix of pl/-sn...all the way down US 41 it's a mixture, nothing heavy mind you...get within 15-20 minutes from LAF, it turns to a steady cold rain. Surely a preview of the upcoming winter no doubt. But the most ominous sign was pulling up to a stop light here in town. In front of me a GMC Jimmy with an unnecessarily large sticker in the back window. In big letters it says "Bowhunter", which I of course read as "BowMeHunter"...I laugh to myself. But under "Bowhunter" it says "Give'em the Shaft". huh.gifwacko.gifSnorkle.gif

Anyways, back edge approaching and it sounds like sleet is mixing in right now. Whoops, wait, some flakes falling now. So no complete shutout.

EDIT: Big flakes now. So pretty. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'm reading to much into this...it's mainly for fun...but here's my drive home tonight from T-Day festivities.

Leave my Aunt's house in Momence (eastern Kankakee Co) with light snow falling...drive over the border and it's a mix of pl/-sn...all the way down US 41 it's a mixture, nothing heavy mind you...get within 15-20 minutes from LAF, it turns to a steady cold rain. Surely a preview of the upcoming winter no doubt. But the most ominous sign was pulling up to a stop light here in town. In front of me a GMC Jimmy with an unnecessarily large sticker in the back window. In big letters it says "Bowhunter", which I of course read as "BowMeHunter"...I laugh to myself. But under "Bowhunter" it says "Give'em the Shaft". huh.gifwacko.gifSnorkle.gif

Anyways, back edge approaching and it sounds like sleet is mixing in right now. Whoops, wait, some flakes falling now. So no complete shutout.

EDIT: Big flakes now. So pretty. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

agreed!!! here's the view outside of my window right now:

sfd0.jpg

Yeah I may have said that to you a couple of times last winter. sad.gif

But hey, 2 to 3 times your normal snowfall this winter, right? laugh.gif

It's ok. I appreciated the pep talks actually. It gave me hope for awhile. By the time the hope ran out it was March and I was already looking forward to 2010-11.

Anyways, enjoy the snow. From the way your talking about it, it seems like it's a bit more than a T.

It's ok. I appreciated the pep talks actually. It gave me hope for awhile. By the time the hope ran out it was March and I was already looking forward to 2010-11.

Anyways, enjoy the snow. From the way your talking about it, it seems like it's a bit more than a T.

It's done now. I'm going to put down 0.2" in my records...don't have the snow board out yet/didn't have time...but the car top had that much. Sketchy no doubt, but every 0.1" helps down here in winter hell.

Archived