joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The return of winter pattern disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing really has changed other then some models are showing different scenarios for certain folks which is a concern of mine........

At this range, deterministic solutions are almost useless. Ensemble means are basically identical. Actually the 00z runs last night were pretty good even for deterministic solutions.

The setup though requires a PV getting underneath New England which is tough to accomplish. Each run that tries to do that will be another step toward a favorable solution, but we have a long way to go.

At this range, deterministic solutions are almost useless. Ensemble means are basically identical. Actually the 00z runs last night were pretty good even for deterministic solutions.

The setup though requires a PV getting underneath New England which is tough to accomplish. Each run that tries to do that will be another step toward a favorable solution, but we have a long way to go.

If it was able to get further south lets say, Would there be a chance of it having some interaction with the SW moving off the coast from the south with some phaseing or would that just muddy up the waters more in this situation......

If it was able to get further south lets say, Would there be a chance of it having some interaction with the SW moving off the coast from the south with some phaseing or would that just muddy up the waters more in this situation......

I think we'd prefer to leave any southern stream out of this...but if it did get involved a bit and was timed correctly, then it would likely enhance everything. But the risk obviously is bad timing and having it screw up a clean redevelopment of the primary....we don't want that obviously. The "safest" scenario is to just leave it out and let the dominating northern stream do the work.

It seems we should def be interested. HPC prelim graphics have a a deepening low off the mid atlantic 992 that moves right near the benchmark towards downeast ME 980. But as has been said by the mets, like all redevelopers, it is dicey. Seems to be a good signal for NE. Perhaps a bit like last week, a strong signal 7 days out, looks less good on the models for a day or two, then comes back strong.

Looking at seasonal trends and La Nina probably a decent shot at the northern stream verifying strong. Wondering if there is still a mechanism to slow it down? Yesterday was talk of a temporary stall near us.

I think we'd prefer to leave any southern stream out of this...but if it did get involved a bit and was timed correctly, then it would likely enhance everything. But the risk obviously is bad timing and having it screw up a clean redevelopment of the primary....we don't want that obviously. The "safest" scenario is to just leave it out and let the dominating northern stream do the work.

That was the answer i was hoping you would say, I for one would rather see it stay more towards the Miller B scenario, Screwed to many times up here with storms coming north out of the southern stream, They are either occluding from early development or whiff ENE before making our lat.......

Unlike many here (it seems), I'll take bitterly cold even if there's no snow. I like the winter weather. Extreme snow, extreme cold. All good with me (the former of course being top preference).

As long as it approaches or stays below freezing. My dog is a mess from wet side of the road soot encrusted piles. We need to freeze them and re-snow.

00z NOGAPS is the model carrying the HECS torch in tonight's suite.

I thought that was interesting that of all these muted solutions the one model that can't see amplitude if it poked it in the eyes is the one model with the most cohesively deeply developed solution off the 00z.

Toss the 00z Euro - I don't care what the verification scores are, that is terrible run that doesn't make any physical sense out west and it hugely distorts what happens in the east.

In any event, we should soon be entering modeling black out anyway, where they all drop the signal and opt for beach weather for a day and half :arrowhead: during which time people find clever ways to insult one another within the confines of forum policies for decorum. ...only to have it come back hugely, where everyone gets whiplashed into this bi-polar manic elation craze. This is what happens when you let the weather guide your emotions - but people still let do so. Fascinating.

100% chance of all that happening; 50% chance of a significant storm; 10% chance it will be memorable....? sounds reasonable enough for D7

Who is expecting a monster event? Nobody is going crazy ... yet.

Well based on some of yesterday's posts it sounded like people were hoping that the northern stream would bring a huge event. Ok, it's mainly Ray..lol. It still could end up as something memorable..I mean we are 6 days out. If the gfs ensembles are right...it's a biggie. However, nobody should be disappointed if it's a lgt-mdt event.

Also, northern stream storms and miller b's don't have to imply 12"+ totals. Most of them are modest events.

Yeah we get a lot of 3-6 or 4-8 type events from these...sometimes 6-12.

Obviously if we get this full thing getting underneath New England, then it could be a much larger event. Long way to go though.

Archived