joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The return of winter pattern disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its weird, not digging the pv like other runs we saw previously, but it has a vortmax rotating around the base of it which will end up south of us so it should still produce something, though likely not prolific.

Ok I was wrong, lol. Euro hammers SNE...the vort lobe closes off south of us.

What an interesting evolution at H5. The s/w responsible comes down from Saskatchewan, at the same time..a piece of the PV tries to phase with it by hr 108. This s/w digs for oil over the MA and closes off south of LI.

Yeah at the sfc it has an inverted trough, but there's definitely a conveyor belt of moisture being driven in from the east at the mid and upper levels....I'm sure the LL convergence of the inv trough just enhances it.

Sorry, thought you were speaking of the late week system. I wouldn't think tonight would offer us more than a trace. Cold air is moving in now. I've lost a few degrees in the last hour now at 42.

Horrific pics you posted earlier. Not nearly as bad here with the exception of the high meadows in Worthington which were blown clean by the hurricane force winds with the last system. Woods still hold decent snow and the skiing/snowmobiling continues. Get the blower fixed? Make hay while the sun shines.

Yeah--as far as Friday goes, I'm pretty confident somethings going to happen. Will it be a trace or a monster? Probably somewhere in between. I'm hedging by saying something in between is the best bet at this point in time. How's that for a ballsy call? lol

Ordinarily, I'd be ecstatic to match the snows in Heath in January. Only 10 miles apart, but man they rack up the totals.

Snowblower fixed and ready to go.

43.4/31

Archived