• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
The return of winter pattern disco

Damage In Tolland

I don't know about 0% chance, but its probably fairly low. Even a busted solution might give us a couple inches kind of like the pre-Christmas fiasco (except Cape which got smoked)...when you get those types of ULLs with vorticity rotating underneath New England, you'll usually at least get some light snows. Only way this would produce zippo is if the ULL stayed well north and also had no vort max rotating around the southern end of it below our latitude.

I think we'd all relish 1-3..and cherish 6-12. Either way it's snow..and any snow is good snow

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weenies in Georgia relish 1-3'', this is New England. I relish 4-6''.

I'll take 1-3"...obviously I want more than that...but you learn to take what you can get at any opportunity. There could be another great chance in the D9-10 time frame...so we'll try again later if we can't get a big one here.

I do feel reasonably confident though that this will be at least advisory snow for a larger part of the region. As confident as you can be at this time range anyway. The blocking is going to want to push any pv lobe south and east which is good. So even imperfect solutions end up with some snow.

I'll take 1-3"...obviously I want more than that...but you learn to take what you can get at any opportunity. There could be another great chance in the D9-10 time frame...so we'll try again later if we can't get a big one here.

I do feel reasonably confident though that this will be at least advisory snow for a larger part of the region. As confident as you can be at this time range anyway. The blocking is going to want to push any pv lobe south and east which is good. So even imperfect solutions end up with some snow.

I agree with you. I think the odds are good for something at least light..maybe even mdt. I'll be happy with 1-3 or 2-4...whatever..it will be a nice refresher. The one thing I Iike, is that it's pretty close for something a lot better, and we don't have to pray for a miracle in some sort of an H5 adjustment.

FWIW the ensembles hinted at a d9 low too.

Don't have much of a choice.

Please... you're probably sitting naked at your desk with a bag over your head and a belt around your neck, sexting Kev and waiting for the 18z DGEX to come out.

Presuming you're on a business trip...here's the tried and true method of making it home in time and leaving before business is done.

"My wife called....I need to get home early..." (remember to let her know to call so you're not a liar...and besides she'd be happy to get some help..). Leave pre red eye, get home at midnight Thurs night. Let them know how bad you feel Fri morning and offer to pick up some local stuff during Friday so they can rest after being interminably delayed. Has worked for me!

Midweek clipper could be a dandy, I have a feeling the GFS is off kilter and kills the northern stream vort max too quickly. The NAM would be the model to follow in this case.

NAM doesn't really show anything either. I think the clipper threat is close to being dead. We might get a few flurries or a feather dusting if lucky, but its just not organized enough for accumulating snow...vortmax is not very consolidated as it goes through and it would help if it dug a little more.

18z GFS eventually shoves the entire PV underneath us but there is all sorts of shortwave interference to prevent a monster solution. However, it does eventually produce a high end advisory event to low end warning event for a chunk of the region. It hits southern Maine a lot harder which has been a theme on today's runs.

18z GFS eventually shoves the entire PV underneath us but there is all sorts of shortwave interference to prevent a monster solution. However, it does eventually produce a high end advisory event to low end warning event for a chunk of the region. It hits southern Maine a lot harder which has been a theme on today's runs.

Nice long duration event. So much time to go but do wonder if we end up with some odd sw to ne gradient or something...

Nice long duration event. So much time to go but do wonder if we end up with some odd sw to ne gradient or something...

Thats quite typical in these inverted trough events where phasing never really occurs cleanly. You'd almost certainly favor downeast Maine the most, then eastern MA/SE NH and moving SW.

We certainly could get a much more substantial event if the phasing occurs a little cleaner.

It looked ok for me, but I thought it could have been a bit further s to take on a more optimal appeal for the majority of the region, and ascend from significant to epic for me.

Thats quite typical in these inverted trough events where phasing never really occurs cleanly. You'd almost certainly favor downeast Maine the most, then eastern MA/SE NH and moving SW.

We certainly could get a much more substantial event if the phasing occurs a little cleaner.

Yeah seems modeling is moving back and forth between a full on coastal for sne and a more norlun/inverted trough scenario with the main development a bit too late. Im sure it will waffle back and forth for a bit longer.

GFS ensembles are a wreck....the mean has a monster area of 1000mb isotherm that covers the entire NE including a chunk fo the Atlantic ocean and SE Canada with no isobars inside of it at 108h...then it focuses an area just E of the BM at 120h but a large amount of isobars bulging W indicating a lot of spread.

Archived