joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The return of winter pattern disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not to be an ass but i have been trying to hammer this point for some time, and also that a persistent -NAO is not a good thing... You need the ebb and tide cyclic nature of the block and the events take place at the bookend temporal intervals.

Agree. Too often folks like to lock into one or two parameters and give up the ship when they are not favorable. There are many, many ways to get decent snows in SNE and it doesn't lie in a handful of synoptic or global scale indices!

00z GFS has a little more southern stream vorticity ejected in front of the diving PV...so its inducing some coastal cyclogenesis further south, but I'm afraid that thing is going to steal a nice baroclinic zone out ot sea with it before the main pv energy can come in....we'll see how it evolves, weird looking setup.

if this happens there are going to be alot of happy people around here i think we all need this after what just happened

Northern stream vortex is so dominant that it doesn't look like its going to matter that a piece of southern stream energy tried to rob baroclinicity....it looks like a huge solution coming.

00z GFS has a little more southern stream vorticity ejected in front of the diving PV...so its inducing some coastal cyclogenesis further south, but I'm afraid that thing is going to steal a nice baroclinic zone out ot sea with it before the main pv energy can come in....we'll see how it evolves, weird looking setup.

I cringed right when I saw this, before even reading on.

EDIT: Still may happen, I guess....but I want to keep the s stream out.

Sorry, it was a "significant" solution. I know when you are reading I have to be careful if its 12"+ for BOS metro vs 24"+

It's pretty clear you were anticipating that run being a bit larger than it ended up being, which is fine, but I don't understand why you have to get pissy at me for clarifying.

I made one simple comment.

Archived