• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
The return of winter pattern disco

Damage In Tolland

Ok, now that I am looking at it, there is energy coming out of Manitoba that may spur redevelopment.

Its not as clean and ideal as some of these other solutions we've seen, but its just another way that something can happen in this setup.

The annoying part of this is how complex the whole setup is, but the great thing is we can snow in a variety of ways out of this.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks like it would not be half bad after 84 hours...

nam_ref_084l.gif

Does that radar seem to show a low forming off the carolina coast? That would probably move due north given how the isobars look at 500 (am I fulla****e here?). Are we looking at a long duration snow beginning Thursday eve with inverted trough givng way to coastal storm Friday pm into Saturday?

Its not as clean and ideal as some of these other solutions we've seen, but its just another way that something can happen in this setup.

The annoying part of this is how complex the whole setup is, but the great thing is we can snow in a variety of ways out of this.

I think the thing that was screwing me up was the initial piece of energy that scooted off the coast at 66h. That's not the piece to key in on. It's the energy diving out of Manitoba that pulls/draws the ULL out S of us.

f84.gif

Yeah ideally we'd just have the ULL remain north and eject one strong vm underneath.

Thanks....or a MECS.....it would be close.

4-8 type deal imo.

I wouldn't expect more than a 4-8 right now...its fairly uncommon to get 12"+ as it is, but in this setup, you need significant action going underneath us, and that will not be easy to get with a strong PV near the lakes...the blocking gives us a chance.

I think the thing that was screwing me up was the initial piece of energy that scooted off the coast at 66h. That's not the piece to key in on. It's the energy diving out of Manitoba that pulls/draws the ULL out S of us.

Extrapolating the NAM is bad for your health, but yeah, our hope with this run is delayed, but not denied. The weak lead s/w is still producing weak low pressure off of the coast and the H5 low is close enough to induce some inverted troughiness. The problem is the pv lobe that slung the vmax into SNE sorta takes over as the main pv and stalls. So we have hope for another lobe to swing around and in and/or that s/w diving in from the prairie provinces. I'm not going to pretend to know what the NAM will do though. :arrowhead:

Archived