Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
The return of winter pattern disco

Damage In Tolland

I hope you enjoyed your KU in December of 1992. :lol:

And March 2001.

It was a great storm actually! Never did I see the r/s line crash so violently to the coast and crank all day after like 3 inches of rain. Memorable in every way and totally enjoyable even though I "only" received about 9 inches. That winter overall was quite bountiful. I will never deny the veracity of that incredible event. March 01 was less robust but the biggest storm of the year nonetheless and 10 inches is never anything to sneeze at.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a great storm actually! Never did I see the r/s line crash so violently to the coast and crank all day after like 3 inches of rain. Memorable in every way and totally enjoyable even though I "only" received about 9 inches. That winter overall was quite bountiful. I will never deny the veracity of that incredible event.

Nor would I last wknd's event....one of the most phenomenal ever.....just nothing overly impressive imby.

The other aspect of this whole thing is the light easterly flow with 522 thicknesses. That's gonna bring some oes snows well before any synoptic stuff comes to play, and not just the coast either.

great stuff. how far inland do these sn- usually make it in such a set up (128-495)?

down in bridgewater with the KU we got about an inch from a nice OES Bands about an hour before the main band rotated up. big flakes in that band

great stuff. how far inland do these sn- usually make it in such a set up (128-495)?

down in bridgewater with the KU we got about an inch from a nice OES Bands about an hour before the main band rotated up. big flakes in that band

It's not like a big deal or anything, but take the euro for instance. You already have erly flow developing on the coast. You know that winds inland will be more n or ne. That alone may cause some snow to develop...we even saw this prior to the last storm. Those can penetrate pretty far inland sometimes.

Yeppers that's why I compared with the GFS 5 H at the same time, if that PV yes PV not SPV, rotates down then Ray gets his long lost fetish and we can shut him up for five more years. LOL

Not that the atmosphere cares but would seem to me it'll be a harder task to get the entire vortex under us and not just over us/through sne. I'd prefer to just see a nice vm rip down through the mw/ov and off nj.

What we don't want is for it to get all mucked up with multiple energy centers and too much lead pva killing our chances

It's not like a big deal or anything, but take the euro for instance. You already have erly flow developing on the coast. You know that winds inland will be more n or ne. That alone may cause some snow to develop...we even saw this prior to the last storm. Those can penetrate pretty far inland sometimes.

Even I pre-gamed with an inch of OES with the last event.

Not that the atmosphere cares but would seem to me it'll be a harder task to get the entire vortex under us and not just over us/through sne. I'd prefer to just see a nice vm rip down through the mw/ov and off nj.

What we don't want is for it to get all mucked up with multiple energy centers and too much lead pva killing our chances

Yeah you would ideally want a nice vm to rip underneath sne at first. That way, you get the good PVA downwind of the vm. That vm eventually develops into a new closed H5 low and helps pull the SPV underneath sne. This is basically what the gfs does.

Agree much better for me that way too, classic way to do it. Many many good 8-12 evolve that way. Rays Hec needs to happen, getting old listening to the same crap.

Thanks....clears up some confusion.

Agree much better for me that way too, classic way to do it. Many many good 8-12 evolve that way. Rays Hec needs to happen, getting old listening to the same crap.

All of this started because I made one comment that I ddin't think it looked good and people gang raped me....you know what I am looking for...just leave it be and it would have died.

Though I love the reminiscing about about pasts KUs that resulted.

The edginess here today is almost like we're in last year mode.....hasn't snowed yet....everyone hundreds of miles from us getting slaughtered with snow.

I am of great mind and mood, one guy here is pulling the crew down with silly historical rhetoric, we all will be happy with a nice cover.

Agree whole-heatedly.

Archived