e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
The return of winter pattern disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually the dataset looks really strange looking at it closer. It seems to match more recently, but doesn't match before last winter or two.

I agree. Unfortunately, I don't have the old EPO values.

A similar situation existed when the new NAO values were adopted. Under the old values, 3/3/1962 had a record -6.967 NAO. The new values show -1.744.

Andy is in Upstate NY and this upcoming storm is likely NBD for them either.

Yup. His thoughts are very useful to the few of us on the frontier. Inter-region joking aside, a lot of the focus is (rightfully given populations) is what's happening from Worcester to points north/south/east. His comments/knowledge help us out here an awful lot.

Well if you were in Philly...would you be optimistic? Put another way, I think Philly got 15-20 inches of snow in 1993-94. Boston got 96.

And I was living there...for the worse ice storm I ever saw in an urban area and for every single storm that turned over to sleet and rain while newark north piled up snow.

I agree. Unfortunately, I don't have the old EPO values.

A similar situation existed when the new NAO values were adopted. Under the old values, 3/3/1962 had a record -6.967 NAO. The new values show -1.744.

I believe that was the month of the greatest jersey shore noreaster. broke an inlet through long beach island. Blocking will do that sorta thang.

This is what is so confusing, to me at least, about global indices. I know this thread isn't for that but I think this is somewhat important. What's the correct way? What's the most accurate way to measure these indices? Like for the NAO you have the CPC version, Hurrell's version, then Hurrell's PC version, now the EPO is different? There is also a difference with the PDO...NCDC's and Matua's method. It just makes it so confusing to someone like myself to follow.

i'm looking at it...no real interpretationskills...but there is one low way out to sea with an inverted trof connection to the upper low? and then another low forms behind it closer to the coast? This would have it snowing in NE on Thursday eve.

Looking at 500 does the spv ever really drop south? looks to be over ne great lakes

Archived