amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 2011

BullCityWx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking the same thing! :lmao: What in the heck does all this mean???? Thanks for the transparency, Cold Rain..... Typhoon Tip had a great write up...and I knew it meant "interesting times ahead"....and "not so fast on the torch"....I got that much.....I didn't want to ask anyone what he said in technical terms cause I knew I'd get laughed outta here :poster_stupid:

BTW.....when ya gonna get that new threat thread a goin....I'm rested and hankering for another model storm to chase.

John is a really smart guy, and he's always interesting to read, although difficult to follow at times. He knows his stuff, though. I don't ever ask questions in his threads because I don't have enough of a vocabulary! :D

Anyway, I'll start us up a thread if we can start to see some agreement on a storm potential within 5-7 days, AND I see a big blue H in the midwest somewhere. If someone hasn't beat me to the punch by then, I'll thread it up. :):snowman:

Yeah burger I notices that very nice low around 192 all the way through 240 if I am not mistaking that would be iin the time frame Allan was refering to earlier also hour 192 of the Euro also shows a low in southern TX not sure if these are the same Lows but nice to see both present in that time frame on both models looks like the GFS maybe on to something. Hopefully the Euro will be onto the same thing on its 0z run later tonight and the 0z GFS later tonight any Mets please chime in and make corrections if need. But in my opinion hour 228-240 looks alot like the Christmas Storm!!

18z is still interesting at around 240..it looks a lot like the Christmas storm.

I was just in Shelby, Robert busted hard. It's raining like crazy there.devilsmiley.gif

you need to visit more often! Loved the rain today, I'm not sure how much yet, but it definitely poured for a couple of hours, and was nice and steady several more hours. By far the best precip event here in a long time.

I justed added up my rain totals for last year and came up with 52.75". I guess me Shelby,NC rain diverter was working. Sorry Robert.

Thats only 20" more than here :lightning:

Yup! Took my car out of the garage and parked it outside so the rain could clean it off.

That's a good idea JQ...I need to do the same thing. I went on a bike ride today and the road grime got up in my chain. After tomorrow's ride I'm going to have to clean it.

The majority of the 18z GFS ensemble members are signaling a snowstorm for the SE between 174 and 192hrs. This will probably be our best shot of the year for another widespread southern snowstorm. We just have to hope the southern wave ejects at the right time as to not get squashed to our south.

The majority of the 18z GFS ensemble members are signaling a snowstorm for the SE between 174 and 192hrs. This will probably be our best shot of the year for another widespread southern snowstorm. We just have to hope the southern wave ejects at the right time as to not get squashed to our south.

Just looked at those....They do seem very interesting.....What do the P and N mean at the bottom of the frame? Such as P005 and N005 etc...

Canadian @ 12z today:

I saw that earlier and it's hinting at the over-running potential later this week. Think it will be monitored closely over the next few days by our METS on here. i believe Robert eluded to the fact the other day that these little shots of energy ejecting from the southwest will be hard to model until they start happening.:popcorn:

And yes the BIG TEN officials are terrible, maybe worse than the ACC IMHO!

00z GFS would be great for the Thurs. event t if we could get it to come in about 6 hours earlier.

I just saw this. Its 5h is looking very similar now to GGEM and ECMWF so there's probably going to be a quick hitting overrunning or maybe a prefrontal event late Wed. night overnight. The place to watch for heavy wet snow will be the mountains of Tenn and NC and maybe around the 40 corridor in NC overnight. Its quite a bit of qpf, but the trend may be for this to become stronger. If it does, then southerly flow will be even stronger and the system would most likely certainly be pure rain, but as it stands now its close to wet snow , atleast for some areas its close enough to watch. The high is in a bad spot, but so long as the warm advection isn't too strong, I've seen snow even here in Shelby with pretty strong southwest winds once, and got a nice fluffy 4" snow from it, with temps climbing through the event. Not saying this will be snow here for sure, as I'm sure it will be alittle too warm, but the Euro was just cold enough at 12Z. Its a delicate balance btwn just enough warm advection for precip, and not too much or else its rain.

At 120 hours, the next player is sitting off the southenr Calif. coast, just itching to be the next Gulf low for us.

I just saw this. Its 5h is looking very similar now to GGEM and ECMWF so there's probably going to be a quick hitting overrunning or maybe a prefrontal event late Wed. night overnight. The place to watch for heavy wet snow will be the mountains of Tenn and NC and maybe around the 40 corridor in NC overnight. Its quite a bit of qpf, but the trend may be for this to become stronger. If it does, then southerly flow will be even stronger and the system would most likely certainly be pure rain, but as it stands now its close to wet snow , atleast for some areas its close enough to watch. The high is in a bad spot, but so long as the warm advection isn't too strong, I've seen snow even here in Shelby with pretty strong southwest winds once, and got a nice fluffy 4" snow from it, with temps climbing through the event. Not saying this will be snow here for sure, as I'm sure it will be alittle too warm, but the Euro was just cold enough at 12Z. Its a delicate balance btwn just enough warm advection for precip, and not too much or else its rain.

At 120 hours, the next player is sitting off the southenr Calif. coast, just itching to be the next Gulf low for us.

Yea the usual winners with the mid week event...go figure..but maybe we can get lucky on it. At 165 it looks like it's trying to setup for something good, maybe the ol GFS can come through for us.

Archived