mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
January 2011

BullCityWx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all that info you may need to have a website for a more broader region than Gwinnett.

I'm expanding! smile.gif I actually have gwinnettweather.com, it has the same current conditions data that my site has (obviously, it comes from the same station), I just don't do anything with it. It's there just to re-direct people to my main site.

I think what I'm going to do is break out each region of the country and do the same thing I've done for the southeast, have the forecast, AFD's and HWO's for each forecast office. There's another piece of software I might buy that makes it a little easier, but it would take some work making it blend in with my website format.

I'm running some ideas in my feeble head right now but I'm thinking of adding a custom Wunder Map for each area along with the SPC MesoAnalysis map with the corresponding sector for that area also.

I've been slack getting more model maps done, they're really time consuming and there are hundreds to do, slowly but surely. I want to get another computer setup to just do the GRLevel3 radar stuff, just got a new script running that keeps high/low record summary for the year, in addition to the monthly high/low page.

I spend way too much time doing this, but it's winter and not a lot to do anyway! This stuff just never ends!

I'm expanding! smile.gif I actually have gwinnettweather.com, it has the same current conditions data that my site has (obviously, it comes from the same station), I just don't do anything with it. It's there just to re-direct people to my main site.

I think what I'm going to do is break out each region of the country and do the same thing I've done for the southeast, have the forecast, AFD's and HWO's for each forecast office. There's another piece of software I might buy that makes it a little easier, but it would take some work making it blend in with my website format.

I'm running some ideas in my feeble head right now but I'm thinking of adding a custom Wunder Map for each area along with the SPC MesoAnalysis map with the corresponding sector for that area also.

I've been slack getting more model maps done, they're really time consuming and there are hundreds to do, slowly but surely. I want to get another computer setup to just do the GRLevel3 radar stuff, just got a new script running that keeps high/low record summary for the year, in addition to the monthly high/low page.

I spend way too much time doing this, but it's winter and not a lot to do anyway! This stuff just never ends!

Does anyone know of a remote weather system that can communicate with my desktop/laptop?

Something I can mount outside that will collect measurments on the standard things, precip, temp, wind speed, etc. and transmit them to my pc without having to monitor or collect them

Research Davis Instruments Vantage Pro II or the Vantage Vuew. Both need Weatherlink that has the USB "dongle" that is needed for data transfer to a PC/MAC

Research Davis Instruments Vantage Pro II or the Vantage Vuew. Both need Weatherlink that has the USB "dongle" that is needed for data transfer to a PC/MAC

The I agree, any of the Davis wireless models will work, they're accurate and reliable. I've heard of people transmitting up to 1000' without a repeater but your mileage will vary. It comes down to how much money do you want to spend. I like this comparison chart of their different models http://www.convectivedevelopment.com/davis/davis-weather-stations.php

It will be interesting to see if the GFS holds on to hints of cross polar flow to come.

If this were zonal flo, our southern stream cutoff would exit the EC south of the last event based on where it came ashore on the west coast. But this is different... I would like to see that massive vortex over the eastern Great Lakes and western NE displaced about 700 miles to the ene. This feature is going to dominate the weather over the east coast and squash any semblance of a Gulf Low well to our south, and not allow it time to either turn the corner, or amplify. We saw this last winter with several systems, in that the vortex was just too strong and not in a favorable location, resulting in a couple southern stream systems that tracked harmlessly across the FL peninsula and OTS. Not liking things atm, even at this early stage in the game, but subject to change of course. :)

Yeah, don't look at the GFS if you like winter weather. There aint even a hint of it through 10 days. Cross polar flow does look to set up eventually. The longer range "storm" at around 168 or so gets squashed, but I'm not sure that'll turn out to be correct. There's a nice 1038 HP in the Plains at 192, but the STJ S/W is squashed to oblivion. I suspect the model is overdoing the strength of the PV, but we'll see. On to the Euro.

If this were zonal flo, our southern stream cutoff would exit the EC south of the last event based on where it came ashore on the west coast. But this is different... I would like to see that massive vortex over the eastern Great Lakes and western NE displaced about 700 miles to the ene. This feature is going to dominate the weather over the east coast and squash any semblance of a Gulf Low well to our south, and not allow it time to either turn the corner, or amplify. We saw this last winter with several systems, in that the vortex was just too strong and not in a favorable location, resulting in a couple southern stream systems that tracked harmlessly across the FL peninsula and OTS. Not liking things atm, even at this early stage in the game, but subject to change of course. :)

Yeah you are right about that. It is basically a very large elongated PV extending from the eastern lakes through the Canadian Maritimes. Definitely this would squash anything. This is clearly seen at hour 174.

Archived