• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 2011

BullCityWx

Yeah I am ready to see this board light up again I learned alot from the last storm that hit and you are right the GFS will come around in due time it seems it is always last to fall into line!!

Snowflake, if the EURO is still showing a monster storm for next Friday then you will see this board explode again sometime Sunday or Monday. People are still recovering from the last one. I know I am and I was out of town for the event!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

myself included on that one my friend there was a lot of late nights with that last one hopefully this one will hold the same

Snowflake, if the EURO is still showing a monster storm for next Friday then you will see this board explode again sometime Sunday or Monday. People are still recovering from the last one. I know I am and I was out of town for the event!

all hail the KING and newly named dr yes lol. if the euro picks up and becomes consistent again after its last performance, i would certainly be more excited farther out than the christmas storm that we thought we had lost at one point. patterns do tend to repeat - as most of us know all too well in the hot/dry pattern we were in for so long. last winter, and so far this winter, the pattern has tended to repeat itself - but this time surprisingly in the southeast's favor for winter wx for a change. :guitar:

if it happens again, and manages to do so in jan at our most climo favorable time for snow, the storm may very well take a similar track. if so, a lot of us could be in on the action again. :snowman:

or even a little more of a bump west so it is closer to the coast than the Christmas Day Storm was

all hail the KING and newly named dr yes lol. if the euro picks up and becomes consistent again after its last performance, i would certainly be more excited farther out than the christmas storm that we thought we had lost at one point. patterns do tend to repeat - as most of us know all too well in the hot/dry pattern we were in for so long. last winter, and so far this winter, the pattern has tended to repeat itself - but this time surprisingly in the southeast's favor for winter wx for a change. :guitar:

if it happens again, and manages to do so in jan at our most climo favorable time for snow, the storm may very well take a similar track. if so, a lot of us could be in on the action again. :snowman:

True that. Nope and the ending to hopefully a great snowfall it would have produced!!

Btw, Jeremy, that GFS video haunts my mind.....

Snow cover is slowing going from the North side of the yard. Still have a few 2-3" spots. Sitting at 50 right now!

I"m pretty confident in saying that if a 964 low is sitting anywhere near HAT most of us in WNC won't have to worry too much about cold air.

or even a little more of a bump west so it is closer to the coast than the Christmas Day Storm was

i certainly would have no problem with that :weight_lift:

The Euro is king!!! I'm hoping I will come close to last winter snow total of 8" here. In the calendar year of 2010 I've gotten 11.5" of snow! :thumbsup:

the amount of snow a lot of us in n ga has had during the calendar year 2010 is truly amazing imho, esp after several years in a row of pretty warm and dry weather. a LOT of us are at (or well well over) a foot of snow. this year alone mby has had to 8" snowstorms (although granted the christmas storm didnt accumulate that amount, i would not have been surprised to have that much with one degree cooler temps when the snow started).

even having a couple of events without accumulation, the amount of heavy snow that has fallen is amazing, esp since much of it occurred during daytime hours

I was wondering is cross thread trolling now allowed since we are not in storm mode?

lol - so who's thread you gonna sneak into :P

As Queencitywx once said: "The Euro is King. Don't stray from it." After seeing the fact that it saw our Christmas event several days before it occurred despite not being the monster storm it was showing, I have somewhat more confidence in its ability to pick up a storm but we'll see this time around.

Out to Jan. 6 per 12z. Euro:

101231183005.gif

12Z Euro has a storm, but it is a couple days earlier and is farther north, snow for parts of NC and the Mid-Atlantic. Looks like we are in a potential storm pattern, but I expect more model changes before we can get a better handle. in the GA area I am not getting excited yet, but folks farther north need to monitor the situation.

It is always allowed. Just some folks like to start trouble.

Glad we do not have many of in the SE thread..

hahah I know I am kidding. I just thought that was a funny rule during storm mode. It probably should always be in effect. Anyway what is the verdict on the 12z euro so far for those with access?

People are still recovering from the last one. I know I am and I was out of town for the event!

Excellent statement... I for one go through a post sn-storm depression, happens every time, even when we chase. Not sure as to the cause, but the thrill of tracking followed by the event itself, and then watching it melt takes a lot out of me. This almost seems surreal in that we have another potential sig event on the horizon so quickly. Going to have to shake this last one off quickly and get back into a tracking mindset, but as of now, I am just not ready. :(

12z should be rolling as we speak. I would be curious to see if it keeps the storm.

Another telling test of the EC is afoot. Will it keep the storm in the 4-7 day range, only to loose it with 96 hours to go, jut to have the american guidance light the spark in the short term for another hit; who knows, although wouldn't that be some stuff! I agree with others, that the pattern is almost a repeat of what we saw leading up to the Christmas event. Retrograding block coming into north central Canada, 50-50 low displaced south around the Bay of Fundy, and the stj staying active with a parade of Cali storms. Hard to imagine this in a Nina year, but we already have 1 Miller A in the books, and the chance of a second one over the next 2 weeks seems probable given the setup. I have been watching this period for the past several days, as the GFS has been hinting at some Gulf development in the fantasy panels. Know this is getting into the EC's range, and the distant hints keep coming, fun times ahead hopefully. :snowman:

The euro is basically showing another miller a. The problem is the northern branch is going to phase in on this run early and cause the model to have difficulties with the surface low. The animation below is probably the most likely scenario if the euro is somewhat close on the timing.

The euro is basically showing another miller a. The problem is the northern branch is going to phase in on this run early and cause the model to have difficulties with the surface low. The animation below is probably the most likely scenario if the euro is somewhat close on the timing.

That's a pretty animation for the southern apps.

12Z Euro has a storm, but it is a couple days earlier and is farther north, snow for parts of NC and the Mid-Atlantic. Looks like we are in a potential storm pattern, but I expect more model changes before we can get a better handle. in the GA area I am not getting excited yet, but folks farther north need to monitor the situation.

Thank you for the update. Yeah I am sure it will shift this far out without question. On a side note I am wondering about severe wx potential for tomorrow being it has been an overperformer to the west. I would be especially concerned if we see breaks in the cloud cover at all tomorrow.

the worst part about these Miller A's is that someone is gonna get screwed.... either western NC, or eastern NC..... therefore during storm mode, most of us eastern NC posters have to leave the board due to the wishcasting that goes on trying to pull it west

lulz give me a break. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

How about if we just compromise and root so that it's not to far east and not to far west, thus focus everything central NC, that should make everyone happy :-)

not sure if anyone has mentioned this but 2010 could go down as one of the snowiest years on record in the south..... here in Greenville were closing in on 20 inches for the year.... what a start to the decade

Looks like all that wishcasting for it go west paid off since most of those storms were OTS in the mid range rolleyes.gif

Archived