• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January 2011

BullCityWx

Three days ago that moisture tomorrow night was barely up to me and giving me ice according to bufkit. Now it is up to NeGa and beyond and giving him a chance for ice. I think the suppression shown by the goofy is usually overdone and I always figure it moving further north when I see it out in goofyland. As long as it shows moisture moving south of me I figure I have a chance to be in it when it actually arrives. Looks like a number of chances coming, and we could score on one at least....but just in case, I'm doing an anti zrain dance. NeGa can have all of that, lol. Anyone who wasn't in Atl in 73 can have all the zrain they care to relieve me of. T

I'll take the freezing rain, especially since it doesn't look like it would be enough to cause many problems with respect trees/power lines etc. You can have that cold 33 to 35 degree rain ;)

It's an interesting setup though as areas in northeast Ga could be below freezing for a good 24 hours with light freezing rain. It should be cold enough..temps start off in the low 30s, dps in the teens throughout the entire boundary layer so we should cool below freezing. Just enough to make things look good though..a 0.25 or less before it warms up to the dreaded 33 to 35 degree rain that you want lol

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the deep south and especially the Gulf coast, this event will most likely give us the best chance for snow along the Gulf coast. The cold air for once will not be an issue. The cold air dome will be firmly in place, and in place for a long time.

The models have been showing Gulf lows swinging across at some point during this long cold outbreak. IMO, this is a rare setup that gives the Gulf coast the best chance for snow in quite some time.

gfs_pcp_228m.gif

gfs_pcp_240m.gif

GFS_3_2011010412_F228_SNOWIN_SURFACE.png

GFS_3_2011010412_F240_SNOWIN_SURFACE.png

I'll take the freezing rain, especially since it doesn't look like it would be enough to cause many problems with respect trees/power lines etc. You can have that cold 33 to 35 degree rain ;)

It's an interesting setup though as areas in northeast Ga could be below freezing for a good 24 hours with light freezing rain. It should be cold enough..temps start off in the low 30s, dps in the teens throughout the entire boundary layer so we should cool below freezing. Just enough to make things look good though..a 0.25 or less before it warms up to the dreaded 33 to 35 degree rain that you want lol

me too in a heartbeat (as long as its not crippling) - .25 would be fine. anything but cold rain

I CANNOT WAIT to have a classic Carolinas slider OTS and listen to you all b**ch about missing out on the snow. It does not happen that often, but man it is sure sweet when it does. :gun_bandana:

Well in there defense they were completely screwed on this past Xmas storm. How often do you see almost all of NC and parts of SC get hit hard and then Richmond to DC get virtually nothing and then north of Baltimore to Boston get a blizzard. We have a head start on them this year but I imagine they will still double us up when it's all said and done which they could do next week.

Well in there defense they were completely screwed on this past Xmas storm. How often do you see almost all of NC and parts of SC get hit hard and then Richmond to DC get virtually nothing and then north of Baltimore to Boston get a blizzard. We have a head start on them this year but I imagine they will still double us up when it's all said and done which they could do next week.

yes they did. a friend said they got almost nothing there, while a lot of people got clobbered.

me too in a heartbeat (as long as its not crippling) - .25 would be fine. anything but cold rain

I wouldn't mind an ice storm either :)

I see Ji is making his rounds today...he must still be upset over the snowless hole in his backyard :P:lol:

:thumbsdown:

For the deep south and especially the Gulf coast, this event will most likely give us the best chance for snow along the Gulf coast. The cold air for once will not be an issue. The cold air dome will be firmly in place, and in place for a long time.

The models have been showing Gulf lows swinging across at some point during this long cold outbreak. IMO, this is a rare setup that gives the Gulf coast the best chance for snow in quite some time.

gfs_pcp_228m.gif

gfs_pcp_240m.gif

GFS_3_2011010412_F228_SNOWIN_SURFACE.png

GFS_3_2011010412_F240_SNOWIN_SURFACE.png

Geez, went from 12-15 a few days ago, to .3 inches.:thumbsdown:

yes they did. a friend said they got almost nothing there, while a lot of people got clobbered.

Even Hotlanta got more than they did. A lot of people are angry that they seem so greedy for snow up there after a great 2009-2010 winter, but I had what I'd consider a great winter as well last winter and still get just as pissed when I'm sitting in a cold rain, or cold and dry.

GFS has some frozen/freezing stuff even here in ATL at the start:

post-357-0-40940100-1294163529.gif

But then it's just a prolonged nasty light cold rain. After that unrelenting cold- blech. My gas bill will be off the charts this year. We better bet one more snow event to show for this season....:gun_bandana:

One thing about the Euro for tomorrow nights storm is that the temps verbatim are borderline, given the light QPF it could just be more rain...but I'll let a Met clarify that.

Timing is about as bad as it gets around the Charlotte area, late afternoon/early evening...

One thing about the Euro for tomorrow nights storm is that the temps verbatim are borderline, given the light QPF it could just be more rain...but I'll let a Met clarify that.

Yep, if the temps are borderline we will need heavier precip to get the temps to drop. If it stays light it probably wont be anything but light rain unless the temps are good enough at the onset.

Archived