12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 2011

BullCityWx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can you say that? Because it will never snow like that again? Or because people will not panic and get on the roads and cause a major gridlock?

1) It's will not be nearly as cold prior to or during the upcoming event.

2) You even mention the word snow now and the roads are treated before you can even get in your car.

3) The fact that it never happened like that before here supports the rarity of circumstances that culminated in debacle.

4) The time of day this event takes place will probably be different than then.

5) People are aware of what happened. You can always count on people to panic and/or act stupidly, but the fact is, most people are aware of what happened then. Some, perhaps a lot of them will act differently should they see a surprise snow again.

It won't happen again, at least not this time.

i am afraid for mby its going to have to come in a little colder, you are closer to the magical line, but its about a county away :angry:

And about the temps lately, the last 2 mornings have been 21 and 22 here compared to to the forecast of 28° and have yet to reach 50° for a high and was supposed to be 55° yesterday and today!

So hopefully were on the right side of the missed forecast!

Damn, I work for a few hours and BAMN. Like five pages.

Would be nice when the euro and our mid to LR models come into agreement where we can track the system and after all the players have be figured out.

GSP only added a 20% chance to Friday. So I assume they are thinking night into morning...

Folks, everyone calm down, this is one run of a model that has been flopping all over like a fish- and the other models have varying solutions as well. We need at least 2-3 more days before any real consensus emerges, and maybe not even then.

Quit trying to bring logic and sanity to this thread. Fantasy land is much more enjoyable.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 41. Northwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Thursday Night: A 30 percent chance of snow showers, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.

Friday: A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 38.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.

Sunday: A slight chance of rain and snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Sunday Night: A slight chance of rain or freezing rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Monday: A slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

First of many with the S word!

Please post the station you are referring to. Board covers a lot of territory and bloggers do not necessarily refer to their own home loc. Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 41. Northwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Thursday Night: A 30 percent chance of snow showers, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28.

Friday: A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 38.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.

Sunday: A slight chance of rain and snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Sunday Night: A slight chance of rain or freezing rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Monday: A slight chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

First of many with the S word!

Quit trying to bring logic and sanity to this thread. Fantasy land is much more enjoyable.

The Cheez speaks truth to weenies. But hearing and adhering are different things. When he lit up over the doc before Christmas, it scared me :) But I did see some snow...so when the Cheez says yes, look out!

It was warm down here today. 57 now. I'll be happy to see some colder air, at any rate, but I believe in blocking so I'm expecting more. T

Archived