Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
SNE Obs and Disco 12/28-1/7

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Random thoughts....

Up to 36 here but we really keep our snowcover well. I'm optimistic. cancelled the weekend trip to manchester vt and rescheduled or 2 weeks from now. looks like the pattern will be muuuuuuch better for deep snow. maybe we'll get into one of those awesome deform bands from a coastal that seem to set up in that area.

Kevin I will vote for you. You are so deep into your weeniedom that you don't see it. Analog would get the award for the wrong reasons, you for the right reasons just like Ray last year.

Ray, it is coming and before March.

Pete, the snow makes you disappear please send pics

Mike, I can't believe you only got 6 inches.

CCPSU I see you've let go of that anal thing....good idea.

Happy New Year!

I am declaring myself in the Circle of Trust, just have to figure out how to get it onto my avatar.

Jerry, the snowpiles up here take a loooooog time to get dirty. You really need to buy a camp.

Some pics from the fun earlier this week...

Nice pics, Mark!

I don't think Boston is in too much jeopardy of having a lot of bare spots:

http://www.bu.edu/al...nected/webcams/

Looks like a pretty nice snow pack still sitting tough there and its high water content too. Only dewpoints above 37F will do a lot of damage and the time for that looks to be only a day or so from tomorrow through midday Jan 2nd.

Man look at those east slope Berkshire towns..still in the low-mid 30's..cold just trapped in those glens and mtn valleys. No wonder MRG never melts his snow. Wha t I wouldn't give to have that phenomenon here

Those two 37's and 34 are no East Slope of the Berks. They're valley locations west of the Berkshires: Pittsfield, Williamstown, and Lanesborough.

41.8/28 here.

Oh I thought Wtown was high up. Those pics Cold Miser posted of his folks house from the Blizzard looked pretty high up

Well there's higher spots all around there, but the towns are in the valley. They valleys are where the colder temps are hanging tough because of calm winds and no mixing. Upper CT Valley like Deerfield is hanging in the 37F range too right now.

Williamstown: elevation 638 feet asl.

According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 46.9 square miles (121.5 km²), of which, 46.9 square miles (121.4 km²) of it is land and 0.04 square miles (0.1 km²) of it (0.04%) is water. Located in the Berkshires, Williamstown is drained by the Hoosic River.

Williamstown is the northwesternmost town in Massachusetts. The town is bordered on the north by Pownal, Vermont, on the east by Clarksburg, North Adams and Adams, on the south by New Ashford and Hancock, and on the west by Berlin, New York and Petersburgh, New York.

The town proper lies southwest of the confluence of the Green River and the Hoosic River. To the west, the Taconic Range lines the N.Y. state border and is where Taconic Trail State Park is located. Brodie Mountain rises to the south of town, and Mount Greylock State Reservation occupies the southwest corner of town (this may be a mistake ..think it is the SE corner of town) , with the peak of Mount Greylock being just over the line in Adams. The highest point in town is at 3,320 feet (1,010 m) above sea level, just .2 miles (0.32 km) west of the summit of Greylock. The Appalachian Trail skirts the town twice, near the southeast corner of town and again along the North Adams border. To the northeast, Pine Cobble lies along the Clarksburg town line, and to the north lies the Green Mountain National Forest in Vermont.

U.S. Route 7 passes from north to south through the town, crossing into Vermont to the north and New Ashford to the south. Route 2 begins in the town, starting from New York State Route 2 at the Petersburg Pass, then combining with Rte. 7 for a stretch before heading east into North Adams. From Rte. 7 westward, it is known as the Taconic Trail; the road does not become the Mohawk Trail in the east until passing through North Adams. Route 43 also begins at Route 2 and heads southward towards Hancock, crossing Route 7 near the fork of the east and west branches of the Green River.

Oh I thought Wtown was high up. Those pics Cold Miser posted of his folks house from the Blizzard looked pretty high up

Archived