• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE Obs and Disco 12/28-1/7

HoarfrostHubb

Are you in Greenwich this week? I was at my inlaws in Gtown today about two miles north of the sound in a wooded area, no melting at all actually. Snowpack holding strong in sw ct, beautiful winter scene!!

It's holding but come on, it's melting all over the place - it's hot out there!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another late afternoon, early evening at Wachusett. Place was paaaaaacked... holy cripes.

First few runs were great since they kick off the day people and we had it good. Good snow, no lines.

Then the hordes come... OMG, so crowded.

First 2 spills of the season. Lots of skiied off ice patches and I caught edges twice. No big deal, but I had no spilled last year at all, and then twice in 2 runs.

Good mogul field set up on 1 run.. Frannie's I think? That was a blast. Had not done one like that in a while. I will be hurting Friday.

Another late afternoon, early evening at Wachusett. Place was paaaaaacked... holy cripes.

First few runs were great since they kick off the day people and we had it good. Good snow, no lines.

Then the hordes come... OMG, so crowded.

First 2 spills of the season. Lots of skiied off ice patches and I caught edges twice. No big deal, but I had no spilled last year at all, and then twice in 2 runs.

Good mogul field set up on 1 run.. Frannie's I think? That was a blast. Had not done one like that in a while. I will be hurting Friday.

If you aren't falling occasionally you're not advancing as a skier. A good wreck every now and then keeps you focused. To go through an entire season without a wipeout means you're being overly cautious. Let your hair down Dave and catch some big air.

gorgeous day today...just got back from accompanying my best friend to the airport...his plane actually just took off...going to India for a month...original flight was the 26th but we all know how that turned out...i'm a little sad, i sure will miss him...

earlier today i was motivated...finally had a bit of extra time to stop by the cvs minute clinic there was no line so i got right in...free antibiotics from stop&shop pharmacy FTW...snowblowed a path to the woodpile and birdfeeders, then dug out the woodpile and moved some wood into the garage...however this is what i get for all my hard work :arrowhead:

gorgeous day today...just got back from accompanying my best friend to the airport...his plane actually just took off...going to India for a month...original flight was the 26th but we all know how that turned out...i'm a little sad, i sure will miss him...

earlier today i was motivated...finally had a bit of extra time to stop by the cvs minute clinic there was no line so i got right in...free antibiotics from stop&shop pharmacy FTW...snowblowed a path to the woodpile and birdfeeders, then dug out the woodpile and moved some wood into the garage...however this is what i get for all my hard work :arrowhead:

Hey, those things work better with all four wheels on the ground.

I have been trying to ski a bit faster, but don't want to lose my son in the crowd. Remember, it is just Wachusett. Not much opportunity to let em rip.

I'm also working on my line and keeping my feet and body going in a rhythym.

Not sure what to do next, big mountains = big $$$

Will probably hit the Beast soon

I have been trying to ski a bit faster, but don't want to lose my son in the crowd. Remember, it is just Wachusett. Not much opportunity to let em rip.

Speed isn't what you're looking for Dave. Agrressive lines down any steep pitch you can find. Think technical descent. MRG is probably cheaper than Wachusett.

Speed isn't what you're looking for Dave. Agrressive lines down any steep pitch you can find. Think technical descent. MRG is probably cheaper than Wachusett.

Yup, but I'm trying to get it down to under $10 per day...

$229.00 pass / # of days

So far I'm at $28.63 per day I have gone...

I hope to hit MRG sometime in late Jan/early Feb... "cough cough" - sick day

Swing by the Pit as you had through Shelburne, less than a mile off the Trail.

Ugly ugly torch the next 3 days. Lows above freezing tonight and tomorrow night for many..high dews starting tomorrow...

It's not going to be that bad. Below freezing at night, short days, week sun angle, broken clouds at worst. Really will only amount to a few hours above freezing each day and right back into the freezer by Sunday afternoon.

Archived