Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Discuss the Blizz of 2010 - Part II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That seems WAY underdone in the Berks and even parts nearby to metro Boston.

Well it is since it's so far from the beam. This is better although it is only up through 12z. We can get an event one tomorrow morning if someone remembers.

http://water.weather.gov/precip/index.php?yday=1293408000&yday_analysis=0&layer[]=0&layer[]=1&layer[]=4&timetype=RECENT&loctype=NWS&units=engl&timeframe=current&product=observed&loc=rfcTAR

Agreed - esp. the Berks.

not sure about N of boston but the berks definitely .........the berks didn't touch the qpf that occured just S of city. but for that i would always use alb. radar but not sure if they are shadowed either way.

wa wa reporting 14 inches of powder....hmmm ski time in bout 3 hours.

My 15-25" call for mby was a joke, but the benefit to failing is that you can use it as a valuable learning experience.

Lesson learned: Never, EVER rely upon cf attributed, mesoscale phenomena to accumulate a snowfall of that magnitude and that is what I did.

Moving foreward, I am going to have to see the H5 low and mid level lows ideally placed before I ever even entertain the notion of aiming that high again.

Pattern does not look bad after the torch. Maybe we don't track a 963mb monster, but it does not look bad.

1993-94...bring it. I'm supposed to go to FL 1/13-20......but not sure this will happen as we're broke after having an unexpected 6 figure expense in 2010. 2010 kept the cosmic dildo going until yesterday....when there (for me) was some payback over an elephant's carcass.

i miss the days of heavy wet snow. Been like 3-4 yrs since we've had a good wet snowstorm. Every event last year was this wind windblown powder..It has 0 lasting power. All of this will be gone everywhere by Sunday. Terrrible for snowpack

The valleys should keep it since it all blew off of your hill and into them. :scooter:

My 15-25" call for mby was a joke, but the benefit to failing is that you can use it as a valuable learning experience.

Lesson learned: Never, EVER rely upon cf attributed, mesoscale phenomena to accumulate a snowfall of that magnitude and that is what I did.

Moving foreward, I am going to have to see the H5 low and mid levels lows ideally placed before I ever even entertain the notion of aiming that high again.

well at least you mad the very low end of your forecast. So it wasn't that bad of a guess. Between the 15" and estimate of 17.8" where I isn't that bad. Yes I wish we both hit the higher end of that 24-25", but hey not bad.:guitar:

i miss the days of heavy wet snow. Been like 3-4 yrs since we've had a good wet snowstorm. Every event last year was this wind windblown powder..It has 0 lasting power. All of this will be gone everywhere by Sunday. Terrrible for snowpack

not in brockton 17 inches of paste from 2 qpf will stick around a bit longer.

ANYONE get a report out of blue hills.....seems the QPF map showed them getting creamed......any totals out of blue hills?

I'm going to go out to shovel but my neighbor (while shoveling) told me he was surprised at how heavy the snow was...as in less powdery than it appeared? I'll judge because maybe he was counting plowed areas which always wet up.

Absolutely. I think there was an event in Jan/Feb 08 that was wet. Otherwise it has been powder storms the last several years. I remember back in the mid 90's when we had a couple real powerline-drooping storms.

Absolutely. I think there was an event in Jan/Feb 08 that was wet. Otherwise it has been powder storms the last several years. I remember back in the mid 90's when we had a couple real powerline-drooping storms.

Yeah we had a wet 5'' here in either '08 or '09 after a really wet 4-5'' in April '07.

Amem to the "fook this powder" sentiment, Kev.

Not only does it have more staying power, but more often than not, areas just inland like my locale find a way to get porked in the cold storms because the immediate shore ends being aided by oceanic contributions....I get the exhaust type subsidence in the wake of it.

Cement is also easier to measure.

Give me 32-33*, cf straddling, drippy, sloppy cement, while Boston rains, over this crap.

Hope Jerry and all of those guys enjoyed this one, though.

I'd rather lose to ORH, any day though. ...not Boston.

Archived