Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Discuss the Blizz of 2010 - Part II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro has a brutal torch. GFS is always way too cold for these torchs. Watch numbers come way up this week

I think the interior in CNE may hold the cold on Friday with the sfc ridge axis holding over us during the day. We may struggle to mix out. MOS is high right now, but it'll do that with warm 850/900mb temps.

Jan '96 had 3' of snow down to nrn VA and we had two cutters and coastal hugger.

Verbatim with full sun and no snow pack the GFS would support lower 60's in SNE. (8*c 850+5+3 for downsloping) But with the snowpack I'd take away at least 4 C. SO Full sun and snowpack lower-mid 50's. And if we taint with clouds, which looks like we will, we're stuck in the lower 40's, and thats just one day.

I think we do have one torch day with showers and the other lead ins...(Friday,Sat) mildly above normal (Fri) and maybe 5F above (Sat).

It doesn't really have that signature torch signal that we really need to give us a legit torch. It spreads the mild air and diffuses it far north of SNE. To torch near 60 with high dews I think we'd need to see a stronger temp gradient over southern Quebec with stronger SW winds.

I think we do have one torch day with showers and the other lead ins...(Friday,Sat) mildly above normal (Fri) and maybe 5F above (Sat).

The big temp departures where both day and night departures are warm will probably be 24-36 hrs. With the high nearby..you may have a mild day cool night type deal.

Afterwards the pattern gets better.

The big temp departures where both day and night departures are warm will probably be 24-36 hrs. With the high nearby..you may have a mild day cool night type deal.

Afterwards the pattern gets better.

I think the real torch will stay west of SNE into NY state. I could see a place like Watertown NY getting torched and points south and certainly over areas Philly points SW and maybe NYC or the CT valley at the furthest

I think the real torch will stay west of SNE into NY state. I could see a place like Watertown NY getting torched and points south and certainly over areas Philly points SW

I think Sat may be relatively toasty as we get into the SW flow. It'll be hard to hold off 8-10C 925mb temps from mixing down.

Like tomorrow through Sunday? It looks danmed perfect. Not too cold, plenty of snow...maybe milder by the weekend but nothing severe and Sun may be ugly with rain but you'll be on the way home.

Okay just dropped back in and saw the comments about torches.

I'm figuring 25-30 up there thurs fri maybe 30-35 saturday. They have almost 100 trails open right now double last christmas week. White gold FTW!

Webcam shows it's wild up there right now but should wind down soon. I'm guessing 20" they'll end up with, at least that worked out, they went from ~50 to ~100 trails in two days.

Okay just dropped back in and saw the comments about torches.

I'm figuring 25-30 up there thurs fri maybe 30-35 saturday. They have almost 100 trails open right now double last christmas week. White gold FTW!

Webcam shows it's wild up there right now but should wind down soon. I'm guessing 20" they'll end up with, at least that worked out, they went from ~50 to ~100 trails in two days.

Woot woot they will be full open, good timing cept for the massive ants.

Woot woot they will be full open, good timing cept for the massive ants.

LOL, ski early ski often. I found last year I get more skiing in from 759 to 10 then I do the rest of the day. Looking at the lines right now not terrible on the webcam. Plus we're staying on the mountain so we come and go with the lines/warm up/cocoa.

Day 7 with snow on the ground. Not bad for 12/27. I'll probably lose most of mine, but the 18" of concrete to the NW wont go anywhere save a 5-7 day warmup

LOL, ski early ski often. I found last year I get more skiing in from 759 to 10 then I do the rest of the day. Looking at the lines right now not terrible on the webcam. Plus we're staying on the mountain so we come and go with the lines/warm up/cocoa.

Day 7 with snow on the ground. Not bad for 12/27. I'll probably lose most of mine, but the 18" of concrete to the NW wont go anywhere save a 5-7 day warmup

And that's not in sight at this time. Euro has 40s for 2 days and that's it.

Everyone's snowpack except maybe Moneypits and MRG;s will get mostly wiped out by Sunday

Not sure about Pete but I don't think the totals up at MP's will be that impressive. Towns in the N.E. part of the Berks only reporting 9-12" where as the west side got crushed.

After walking through the 'hood and woods with the dog I'm lowering our totals (compacted) to 5-6". Probably more total but it really settled. That should help the staying power.

Archived