joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 26-27 SNE Blizzard Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still just ripping here....we lost power overnight and it just came back on......of course Upton's radar is offline, but another band here as per KDIX.......just La Epic!

Headed out for a walk before it ends, will take some measurements

Average of about 12" here....clown drifts all over the place with cars buried lol.....still snowing at a good clip

21F

visibility up to 6 miles here, LOL. Downtown MHT is easily seen this AM.

29.9/28.1

5.6"

Hopefully we can warm a few more degrees and melt the snow some.

I feel ya. Haven't measured here but def less than a foot. Occassionally pingers all night. Merrimack Valley Screw Zone. Still some banding developing so we have a shot at some heavy snow this morning it appears.

I feel ya. Haven't measured here but def less than a foot. Occassionally pingers all night. Merrimack Valley Screw Zone. Still some banding developing so we have a shot at some heavy snow this morning it appears.

6.5" in Chichester, just east of Concord.......A fair amount of sleet/mix fell around midnight....considerable blowing/drifting....

.78" melted from new snowfall.....Local TV predicting another 2-4" before winding down this (Mon.) afternoon.....

One good note....the wind and (relatively) fluffy snow has kept tree limb/power line accumulation to a minimum!!

14" in Reading. Ray/Northeast128 - you guys seeing around the same ? I have a nice flat area protected by the wind and took about 10 measurements....

I'm in the same town,as Ray, Wilmington, and right here on Jacquith road seems to be about 17" or so inches at 9:15. It allso seems to reasonalbe with surrounding areas.:snowman:

Somewhere between 6-8" here on the ruler but it's almost impossible to tell.

The spots I cleared after I measured 4.8" last night were all filled in.

I'm not convinced we underperformed that horribly as far as QPF is concerned.

Just came in from snow blowing and the last thing I expected from a storm where we never got out of the teens and low 20's was heavy, somewhat wet snow!

Big compacting but hopefully that makes for a good base.

The inch we got between 9 and 10 am was much fluffier.

Dense snow - weird. Wish I was set up to measure QPF.

Somewhere between 6-8" here on the ruler but it's almost impossible to tell.

The spots I cleared after I measured 4.8" last night were all filled in.

I'm not convinced we underperformed that horribly as far as QPF is concerned.

Just came in from snow blowing and the last thing I expected from a storm where we never got out of the teens and low 20's was heavy, somewhat wet snow!

Big compacting but hopefully that makes for a good base.

The inch we got between 9 and 10 am was much fluffier.

Dense snow - weird. Wish I was set up to measure QPF.

Wet though? You can have a dry, dense snow too and it's not uncommon at all. I ended up around 10:1 with my 13". My backyard ranges 12-14" so I took a core from a 13" location...it came out to 1.36". There's a combination of compaction, fractured crystals from BLSN, some lousy snow growth, and snow pellets in there.

Archived