Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    19,036
    Total Members
    49,013
    Most Online
    loganboehmewx
    Newest Member
    loganboehmewx
    Joined

September Nor'Easter Obvs Thread


WxWatcher007
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, MegaMike said:

What app/website is this from?

I'm impressed that it has estimates from most major modeling systems.

My only issue with it: mean(53.7+23.4+42.1+20.2+51.2+23.5+58.4+27.4+43.2+20.4+41.2+21.7+41.8+23.5) == 35.1mph

I'm not sure where they're getting 17.8mph from.

My website is Ginxweather.com 

The average is sustained wind.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

My website is Ginxweather.com 

The average is sustained wind.

You developed it? Nice! I like your visuals/displays.

Did you get all forecast data from an API?

For wind speed, I see:

image.png.f19ff15b2f6e462cb6efc2f02108ee0e.png

The mean wind speed in the screen cap == 17.8 mph, but shouldn't it be mean(23.4+20.2+23.5+27.4+20.4+21.7+23.5) = 22.9 mph? Nothing is below 20.2 mph for wind speed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, MegaMike said:

You developed it? Nice! I like your visuals/displays.

Did you get all forecast data from an API?

For wind speed, I see:

image.png.f19ff15b2f6e462cb6efc2f02108ee0e.png

The mean wind speed in the screen cap == 17.8 mph, but shouldn't it be mean(23.4+20.2+23.5+27.4+20.4+21.7+23.5) = 22.9 mph? Nothing is below 20.2 mph for wind speed.

Fixed yes API.  Missing data was dragging it down.  Thanks Mike

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...