Newest Member
    joxey
My First HECS on the Boards.....

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We agree :unsure: though I think we'll see some spot 24's in western CT

Wouldn't surprise me. This is the kind of KU that crushes the shore and valley.

Glad we're on the same page. This is a good reminder to all you people that say I'm a debbie downer... when conditions warrant I go balls to the wall :)

btw - I'll give credit to Henry Margusity and Joe Bastardi over at Accu. for sticking to their guns on this storm.

They take some unwarranted flack from people but both of them were on this riding up the coast a week ago.

Meh.....even a broken clock is right twice a day.......I've been waiting for this since Feb 2006......I'm sure I won't do as well with this one as that year I will enjoy fully.......wife has to work and the kids go to daycare and I get to get my full weenie on tomorrow......:scooter:

When winds rip down the valley due north you start getting some weird convergence zones that setup. It's cool.

Gotta say can't find many negatives for MBY. My gut tells me a more western solution verifies. The 850mb/700mb low tracks are PERFECT for us.

Definitely the most excited I've been here since Feb of 2006. I hope we get lucky enough again to get stuck under one of those bands. That would be awesome, except this time there would be a bit more in the way of winds.

Do you think they switch us over to blizzard warnings or is the track still a bit too far east for us to see the sustained winds requirement?

Yup--sure did. I was taking the "Ryan course of realistic and conservative thinking".

Liking the Albany AFD. I hope Andy jumps in with the GFL update.

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS UP FOR THE ERN CATSKILLS...MID

HUDSON VALLEY...CNTRL-SRN TACONICS...BERKSHIRES...AND LITCHFIELD

COUNTY CT...WHERE JACKPOT SNOW TOTALS OF 10 TO 20 INCHES IN THE

VALLEYS WILL BE COMMON...AND 1 TO 2 FEET OVER THE MTNS AND A GOOD

CHUNK OF NW CT. BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW WILL BE A BIG ISSUE WITH

NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS OVERNIGHT INTO TOMORROW. WE HAVE ADJUSTED

THE TIMES OF THIS WINTER STORM WARNING TO START AT 1 PM SUNDAY AND

RUN TO 5 PM MONDAY.

This probably caught your eye. What a detailed write up by ALB, very well done. So nice to be in the cross hairs of a major storm. The Tundra is locked and loaded with a quiver of skis/equip. My AK friends have postponed their ice climbing trip to the 'Dacks and are going to be skiing the freshies with me. This is what I live for. Long live Ullr!!

Definitely the most excited I've been here since Feb of 2006. I hope we get lucky enough again to get stuck under one of those bands. That would be awesome, except this time there would be a bit more in the way of winds.

Do you think they switch us over to blizzard warnings or is the track still a bit too far east for us to see the sustained winds requirement?

We will likely fall short of blizzard criteria inland. I could see BDR coming close.

That was a Sunday too if I recall.

Powder Day at Wachusett coming up... it's been a while

972 mb is sick. Winds will be moaning like Ginx after a late night at the fire pit

Dave, load up the gear and treat yourself to a bigger hill. Flat terrain and deep snow aren't a match made in heaven. Have fun whatever you do.

Archived