joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
My First HECS on the Boards.....

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't surprise me. This is the kind of KU that crushes the shore and valley.

Glad we're on the same page. This is a good reminder to all you people that say I'm a debbie downer... when conditions warrant I go balls to the wall :)

I hope you'll be posting all day, Ryan. You'll always be Debbie Downer to us, but I appreciate your almost-complete objectivity.

Got snow in the air now even in the valley!! :thumbsup:

You're either going to be the jackpot or just east of it. New NAM slightly warmer later but you can see the banding is setting up just west of the 0c somewhere near or just NW of Bob, same for you. Ray FTW maybe.

My guess is that I'm either going to have one of the higher totals from the storm, or susbsidence hell, as the cf is a hair too close to the coast.

I think the former.....I know, go figure, but you guys know damn well that when I think I'm going to get screwed that I'm honest and not shy about expressing dissapointment. lol

an interesting feature of the NAM and pretty much every NCEP model run for the last 24 hours or so is that they've set up a pair of QPF maxes - one for E NJ, LI, SE NY and SW CT, and the other for the BOS metro area...those are probably the best areas for the lollipops

Still a strong signal for a big time qpf bomb over eastern areas west of the canal down through LI/RI and including all of the BOS/PVD area....968 low crossing what appears to be just inside of ACK

I'm comparing 3 hour intervals with the 0z. So timing may cause this to appear differently but it looks colder through the first 12 hours, then actually a touch warmer. Would imply the change verbatim maybe does edge into Boston and Taunton for a short time based on 1000-850mb heights and 850mb temps but it's so freaking close. 3 hours later it fills and we have crashing 850mb temps

Might be an instance when the MM5 could be handy. Will be a great test.

Verbatim 3-6" here maybe more before a change for 6-7 hours. Change would be about 6-8pm here. Signal is for a lot more snow than that per NAM QPF but usually we get flooded faster.

The new NAM is like a wet dream. Raising QPF the day of an event...I love it.

Yea, I saw a couple jumping the gun because it occludes a bit quicker, but I didn't think that would acts as much of a detriment.....the damage was done as far as conversion of dynamics via bombogenesis into prolific qpf.

It's going to be close right on the water for KBOS for a few hours. Literally on the line..lol. Your slight interior local could be big. Keep those winds north baby!! heavy heavy ageo flow.

Seriously, is there going to be any reason to get out and try measuring in the city? The winds, the buildings...I don't think it's worth it. I'll keep the obs going though...

Wouldn't surprise me. This is the kind of KU that crushes the shore and valley.

Glad we're on the same page. This is a good reminder to all you people that say I'm a debbie downer... when conditions warrant I go balls to the wall :)

Grab em and slam em hard against the wall..

I don't think valley is jackpot though..those meso models still show the shadow

Archived