• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
May 2024 Discussion - Welcome to Severe Season!!!!

weatherwiz

31 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Some weird distributions with the east flow/cloud cover at times. MHT and CON are both marginally BN mtd. 

Both were as average as it gets for April at 0.1-0.2F. So, locally to SNH its been a pretty normal spring. I think the lack of higher end warmth helps drive the perception that it's been a cooler. I'd sign for a couple days of 80s right now. 

Yeah, stats have a way of lying sometimes.   There are ways in which the arithmetic works out to average while hiding face smacking. 

Like in our summers for example.  Apparently our summers are warming faster than everywhere else in the CC monitoring, but we seldom ever have record high temperatures because we are also in tandem elevating DPs enormously.   

Perception is keen.  I think if we held our lows into the 68 range, but then had more 102 afternoons ... folks would be jumping on the heating summers wagon a lot more readily than this 84/77 black mold tick born disease miasma thing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wx2fish said:

Some weird distributions with the east flow/cloud cover at times. MHT and CON are both marginally BN mtd. 

Both were as average as it gets for April at 0.1-0.2F. So, locally to SNH its been a pretty normal spring. I think the lack of higher end warmth helps drive the perception that it's been a cooler. I'd sign for a couple days of 80s right now. 

Ah I didn’t realize SNH sites were so normal in April.  Yeah that’s two months of about spot on normal then there.

We were more +1 to +3 in the next zone inland from the Atlantic.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Ah I didn’t realize SNH sites were so normal in April.  Yeah that’s two months of about spot on normal then there.

We were more +1 to +3 in the next zone inland from the Atlantic.

You know what it is?    we have to considering results in a relative sense.   

Um, not talking about time dilation and the curvature tensor of space in the vicinity of gravity. haha.    What I mean is, relative to CC, those normals in the region described are below normal. 

Not only that, relative to everywhere else, they are also below the SD layout created by the recent 2 or 3 weeks.  So there are concurrent relative aspects going on  interesting 

Speaking of which... my house has managed to trickle down to a cool enough temperature to turn the heat on for a moment or two ... on May f'um 12th.  I won't do that of course.  But I don't recall having to "normally" ever turn on the heat in mid May, in a May that is apparently normal.  jezus

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Canada is burning again. Another summer of smoke .. SOS

https://x.com/contentwxguy/status/1789649584756547652?s=46&t=dhcbvkjmRcyBVQtDxJ3lRg

If you have central air, get your Merv-13 or higher HVAC filters, if your system can handle air flow through them.  They saved me last year from eye-stinging and choking polluted Canadian air last summer.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Nice day today here. We’ll take it for the ladies.

Lol.

Just looking at the 12z GFS.   you know tomorrow could be sensibly different than today.  The 850 mb temps were uniform -1 to 0C throughout the region E of NY as of 12z this morning; tomorrow at that same time, it is on average +3C, and heading to +6C by 21z.  

That is happening while the winds have veered around to the WSW.  The sky cover product at Pivotal isn't terrible.  Plus, RH at 700, 500, 300 mb levels, and knowing our climo on WSW flow ... correction is more sun.   

Just sayin' ... with wind off shore and partly or even mostly sunny mid May probably sends us higher that machine numbers I'd guess.   

It's 59 here now and I don't like it.  haha

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

Not sure most NYC folks even know they can move outside the city. Everywhere else is mud huts, hunting and gathering, and striking two rocks together to create fire.

He stays up all night in Napril tracking NYC snow events but doesn’t get it in winter. It’s very disturbing 

• Haha 1

WTF :(

LONG TERM /MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY/...

Highlights

* Warm and windy on Tuesday ahead of an approaching low pressure system

* Rainy and unsettled Tuesday night through early Thursday

* Brief dry out on Friday followed by more unsettled weather next weekend

• Like 5

3 hours ago, MJO812 said:

I want cold and snow all year.

Anthony it’s been 12,000 years since our south Brooklyn area was akin to the present coast of Greenland. I read an article about a Dad in North Florida. He bought a snow maker so that he can give his and the neighborhood children the experience of snow falling. He waits for that rare day when the temperature drops into the upper 20’s and creates a mini blizzard for the children.(first photo below) Perhaps our own city could do the same in public parks. Sadly the natural variety will only get rarer as the years pass. I will enjoy the very few days my postage stamp is dressed in frozen white. Stay well, as always ……

IMG_0258.png

IMG_7096.jpeg

• Like 2

Clouds but dry today and temperatures were ok.  Walking from Coolidge Corner to the North End for Mother’s Day dinner took us through spectacular foliage-a beautiful time of year for Back Bay, the Public Garden, the Common, and Faneuil Hall into the north end of Boston as dogwoods,magnolias, cherry blossoms explode.   You guys wanting nonstop winter are the minority even amid snow weenies.

• Like 2