• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2024

59 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

40s and rain, talk about a horrendous weather week.  Looking forward to the 2nd week of April when we'll see a big warmup to the 70s. 

Anyway I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend. 

Unless we see an omega block form

• Weenie 3

15 minutes ago, JetsPens87 said:

Thankfully zero signal for that on ensembles. Matter of fact quite the opposite. Big ridge forming in the E after the breakdown of the NAO block

It really is remarkable how quickly at least in the operational GFS, is transitive … Tries to go from the substantial snowstorm in New England all the way to the mid 70s just three or four days later.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, JetsPens87 said:

Thankfully zero signal for that on ensembles. Matter of fact quite the opposite. Big ridge forming in the E after the breakdown of the NAO block

Yep heat will be here mid to late April

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JetsPens87 said:

I'd rather wait a couple more days but yes that's the signal right now. 

Probably a scary harbinger of a brutally hot summer if we do see 80s in April. Seasonal forecasts and a Nino to Nina transition point to a brutal scorcher. 

• Like 2

Just now, SnoSki14 said:

I'd rather wait a couple more days but yes that's the signal right now. 

Probably a scary harbinger of a brutally hot summer if we do see 80s in April. Seasonal forecasts and a Nino to Nina transition point to a brutal scorcher. 

Agreed. Not calling for a torch or anything yet here from my end. But pretty unanimous agreement on ensembles of ridging in the E. A strong system coming early next week is a big giveaway with the NAO breaking down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Allsnow said:

@MJO812 you will see 95+ degrees in April before you see 30 in Brooklyn ever again 

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

This is a stupid post and you know it.

22 minutes ago, JetsPens87 said:

That you'll see a 95 degree high in April before a 30 degree high in April in Brooklyn?

Think about that.

Good evening Allsnow, Anthony, JP87. Ref the attached NWS almanac graphic, it’s already (95+) happened twice within the last 38 years. I feel that Allsnow was stating the obvious. Our ocean will likely be our blanket regardless of the season. Stay well, as always…

IMG_0115.png

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, rclab said:

Good evening Allsnow, Anthony, JP87. Ref the attached NWS almanac graphic, it’s already (95+) happened twice within the last 38 years. I feel that Allsnow was stating the obvious. Our ocean will likely be our blanket regardless of the season. Stay well, as always…

IMG_0115.png

Thanks for pulling the data. 

I thought Allsnows comment was very straightforward and truthful. This confirms it. 

• Like 3

On 3/28/2024 at 10:22 AM, LibertyBell said:

omg I guess if you want to avoid the traffic and the high costs of airfare, you could always travel by Amtrak.  But that has logistical issues also.

From April 5th on, Amtrak heading upstate to path of totality is sold out by now. Only thing I saw available was 1 train the morning of, which is cutting it extremely close, like to the minute.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dWave said:

From April 5th on, Amtrak heading upstate to path of totality is sold out by now. Only thing I saw available was 1 train the morning of, which is cutting it extremely close, like to the minute.

I just looked too, and there isn't even one coming back down after the eclipse on the same day lol.  So anyone who goes there by train will have to stay there overnight.

By the way, what travel site do you use to check and what city did you see it was still available for?

The storm is trending into an interior northern New England event. April, strong primary/parent low driving into Lake Erie, no antecedent arctic airmass in place prior to the event, strong WAR out ahead of it, coastal redevelopment happens too late for this latitude….

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

The storm is trending into an interior northern New England event. April, strong primary/parent low driving into Lake Erie, no antecedent arctic airmass in place prior to the event, strong WAR out ahead of it, coastal redevelopment happens too late for this latitude….

Always was

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluewave said:

Any time we get a period of cooler weather these days the warm up following the cooler weather ends up more impressive. Plus we haven’t been able to sustain -NAO patterns for very long since last fall. There is usually a quick NAO rebound to positive following any dips. The one exception is during the summer with the shift to record summer -NAOs in recent times.   

As we can see on the models. Once next week's storm passes, warm weather will start showing up.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

As we can see on the models. Once next week's storm passes, warm weather will start showing up.

Yep, big warmup coming, multi-model ensemble agreement on that too. Would not surprise me at all to see widespread 70’s show up again

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Agree

La nina coming in strong 

I’m worried about a dangerous Atlantic hurricane season coming up…record warm MDR already, ++AMO, rapidly developing (possibly strong) La Niña…bad, bad combination. I also think we see a very hot summer with a likely roided up SE ridge and given the extreme soil moisture we have in place, it’s probably going to be humid as hell too

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

I’m worried about a dangerous Atlantic hurricane season coming up…record warm MDR already, ++AMO, rapidly developing (possibly strong) La Niña…bad, bad combination. I also think we see a very hot summer with a likely roided up SE ridge and given the extreme soil moisture we have in place, it’s probably going to be humid as hell too

The tropics are going to be very active. We should be on the lookout.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

it sounds like a repeat of those weird 1950s years

Take a look at some of those years with very hot summers and lots of east coast tropical activity.

In the 90s and afterwards, usually a strong WAR has meant TCs get steered to Florida or the GOM-- you think it will be more like the 1950s rather than the 1990s and since then?

47 minutes ago, JetsPens87 said:

Noone said you couldnt.. 

I'm tracking it cause it's a powerful storm. Rain for here though.

Yeah I was never tracking it for snow here. There is nothing like tracking a powerful coastal storm regardless of precipitation type. Always fun and exciting. 

• Like 2