Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Congrats Dendrite Deck Destroyer 3/23-3/25 obs discussion

Ginx snewx

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Fun storm. All snow is great but when you sandwich in several inches of sleet, makes it look and feel unique. 

It was, The carport survived clearing it every hour, The only thing we missed was the zr and i'm glad we didn't get any of it.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Just about at the end.   18.75".   This brings me to 76" for the season.  Slightly below my norm but very close.

How in the Sam hell did you have 58” prior? Surprised it was even that much.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, dryslot said:

It was, The carport survived clearing it every hour, The only thing we missed was the zr and i'm glad we didn't get any of it.

Very suck. Much bad here.

I’ve got as much as 0.33” radial and shotgun blasts are going off all through the neighborhood. Caught a nice transformer flash while I was out measuring.

Really confirms that 0.75” ASOS measured flat ice is the right number around here for an ice storm warning.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

Very suck. Much bad here.

I’ve got as much as 0.33” radial and shotgun blasts are going off all through the neighborhood. Caught a nice transformer flash while I was out measuring.

Really confirms that 0.75” ASOS measured flat ice is the right number around here for an ice storm warning.

Wow, Awful, Just heard from my brother in Alfred, No power, 100 yr old maple went down in his yard, Its brutal from you south.

1 hour ago, KoalaBeer said:

Thunder and lightning here in Portland ME currently. 

Yeah I thought the same at first.  Honestly think it's transformers blowing and trees cracking.  Powers been out since 830, right after a big flash.

5.1" snow as of 00z, at least an inch of rain (all under 32°F - haven't measured ice accretion but sounds like @OceanStWx did.)

Back to SN after an(other) hour of IP.  

Should wind down soon.  Genny time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

Went out and measured 17.0" average on the ground. Now I'm annoyed I didn't set up a board so I could clear at the appropriate intervals - would've probably managed 20". Was mostly IP and/or ZR from 12pm to 6pm. Will measure SWE tomorrow morning.

20240323_223625compressed.jpg

Yes!  you're definitely undercounting without the board.  Forget the clearing, even just a dark surface under Morch sun will help melt/compact 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Yeah I thought the same at first.  Honestly think it's transformers blowing and trees cracking.  Powers been out since 830, right after a big flash.

5.1" snow as of 18z, at least an inch of rain (all under 32°F - haven't measured ice accretion but sounds like @OceanStWx did.)

Back to SN after an(other) hour of IP.  

Should wind down soon.  Genny time.

Wild combo.  Solid Winter Storm.

30 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

How in the Sam hell did you have 58” prior? Surprised it was even that much.

Take a look of my records on the snow thread. I had one storm early in the season with 8 in while at the bottom of my Hill was like a slushy 2 in. That helped in a lot of nickel and dimes. But I recorded everything.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wxeyeNH said:

Take a look of my records on the snow thread. I had one storm early in the season with 8 in while at the bottom of my Hill was like a slushy 2 in. That helped in a lot of nickel and dimes. But I recorded everything.

Oh I know….I was just thinking wow that’s better than I thought. 

37 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Wild combo.  Solid Winter Storm.

Just did the math.  Still need 05z obs which will add to the SN and QPF.

5.1" SN/IP - 0.81" SWE.

1.38" RN

Chris mentioned 0.33" radial -  I would imagine I have at least that as I'm a few miles south.

Dark house creaking with the wind.  Zero complaints.

26°F SHSN

• Like 1