• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central Pa. Spring 2024

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Hershey.  Sometimes heat closes down some rides. 

https://www.abc27.com/hershey/hersheypark-rain-policy-weather/

Cold temps close down some of Hershey's rollercoasters. 

Hersheypark suspends a lot of rides when lightning is in the area. I'm not aware of the park closing for a rainy day. Tropical storm Lee being an obvious exception as the park was flooded.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Cold temps close down some of Hershey's rollercoasters. 

Hersheypark suspends a lot of rides when lightning is in the area. I'm not aware of the park closing for a rainy day. Tropical storm Lee being an obvious exception as the park was flooded.

LB Nooners.  48 and Partly Cloudy.    Busch Gardens is 3-4X the size of Hershey Park as to land area so that may play a part in the thought process as to distance of walking in rain. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

LB Nooners.  48 and Partly Cloudy.    Busch Gardens is 3-4X the size of Hershey Park as to land area so that may play a part in the thought process as to distance of walking in rain. 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg is my 2nd favorite theme park I've been to behind only Disney's Animal Kingdom. BGW is a beautiful park...so well maintained.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Hershey.  Sometimes heat closes down some rides. 

https://www.abc27.com/hershey/hersheypark-rain-policy-weather/

I can believe it. I was at Cedar Point on July 21, 2011. It was 102F at Toledo Express Airport and 105F at Toledo Executive Airport that day. Absolutely brutal.

The next day reached 101F at DuBois - the first and only time [dating to 1963] that it has exceeded 98F there.

6 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

I can believe it. I was at Cedar Point on July 21, 2011. It was 102F at Toledo Express Airport and 105F at Toledo Executive Airport that day. Absolutely brutal.

The next day reached 101F at DuBois - the first and only time [dating to 1963] that it has exceeded 98F there.

Did Coyote Joe's stay open for the 101 temp?

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Did Coyotes Joe's stay open for the 101 temp?

No idea what that is. But that heat was insane either way. It never even reached 99F or above there in the scorching summer of 1988. Altoona set an all-time high of 103F or 104F on that date too.

8 hours ago, canderson said:

Looking at forecasts. NYC has nothing after tonight and CTP gives me a 20% chance of showers Saturday afternoon for less than .10”

I forgot you meant NYC but around here, it looks sort of rainy tomorrow afternoon and then again late Sunday.  60% chance on zones for tomorrow. 

Down to 30 right now (Rou.)

Happy Phillies Opening Day to all who of course should celebrate! Looks sunny but a bit chilly for the opener with gusty winds and temps in the mid 50's in philly and low 50's out here in Chesco. Milder by Sunday with temps well into the 50's in the county and in the lower 60's in philly. Some showers are possible again late tomorrow before a sunny Sunday. Another wet week looks likely starting Sunday night through Wednesday. With temps struggling to escape the 40's for much of the time it is raining.
Records for today: High 88 Phoenixville (1945) / Low 9 above Coatesville (1923) / Rain 1.87" West Chester (2005) / Snow 3.0" Coatesville (1942)
image.png.a240b3a708d9db410da482dc34ae2350.png