Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

10 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

What a shitty month. There were 4-5 days of bright sunny warmth. The rest were full of clouds, wind, and rain. Regardless of the AN numbers, it sucked. 

March is one of the worst months ever with no winter events. Perhaps the worst.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

March is one of the worst months ever with no winter events. Perhaps the worst.

mm... I think April is but it's probably 6 to 1 half dozen of the other.

perhaps "Marpril" is the better way to look at it.   And May is the dirty cousin that shows promise but once in awhile still abets in crime.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Snowless Nov, Dec, and Morch. Hard to dream up in New England in worst nightmare.. but we lived it and probably will continue 

It’ll change at some point..as all things do. maybe next year? Maybe the year after. 

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

mm... I think April is but it's probably 6 to 1 half dozen of the other.

perhaps "Marpril" is the better way to look at it.   And May is the dirty cousin that shows promise but once in awhile still abets in crime.

April at least has some warm days.  But I did say March without winter threats..like the constant 40 and rain we've been getting. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

April at least has some warm days.  But I did say March without winter threats..like the constant 40 and rain we've been getting. 

yeah, that's a good point.  From a sensible/experience approach, March is really a winter month - though CC's been fuggin with it, no doubt.   If the 'weather machine' welshes on that end of the deal, there's really nothing redeeming left over - not to me anyway.  Ooh, 42 F endless more clouds than sun, sign me up!

I will, one day, be set enough to afford a 2nd residence possibly in California or even in Arizona or New Mexico, that I can flee to at this time of year ... open ended return date based upon the tenor of the spring/length of the dildo inches of that particular year

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

What lawn

image.jpeg

He's like a cat sticking its head in a paper bag - thinking it's all safe in there because of course ... that's the world in what it can see. Only his paper bag is his front yard.

• Haha 1

I think it's interesting that we've had about 9 consecutive months of above normal precipitation - I think? - on a regional scale, yet we never seem to really push the flood threat over the top.  We're getting the Headlines out of the official offices but it seems by and large we're in a kind of "hydrostatic balance" (sloppy usage) where the outflow and inflow into the geography are in equilibrium; above climo, but below flood gauges.  

Playin' with fire?   It's like sustaining a primed wick and never getting a match event

• Like 2

Lets not get too carried away with the CC shit, either.... "the no more good winter" rhetoric is just as reprehensible as the CC denial. An extremely positive WPO with a death vortex over the Bering sea coupled with a -PDO El Nino would have always been bad news.....so it was plus 7 instead of plu 5.5.

The Pacific was absolutely horrid....again.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1