Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

yet y'all have time to be engaged in this "pass time" as far as the statistics gather, >50% of waken hours.  

I’m a teacher, I have a class coming in a minute. I check the board between classes and have a 4-5 minute window during the work day. So I really don’t have the time to try and read something that long most of the time.  But that’s just me. 

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Maybe understand it, is more apropos 

I doubt it...

it's more likely that any reputed source that tends to be right ... isn't really wanted, because it too often gets in the way of whatever the daily meme or narrative is - usually a departure form objective reality/rational insight. 

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I’m a teacher, I have a class coming in a minute. I check the board between classes and have a 4-5 minute window during the work day. So I really don’t have the time to try and read something that long most of the time.  But that’s just me. 

I get it... I'm being snarky on purpose   lol

• Like 1

not talking about this thing tomorrow.    it's that E fetch pile-up misting antic it carries on with.  

i simply have to procure a second residence to flee to at this time of year.   i would have been long gone and not coming back until some higher confidence forecast in May. 

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I doubt it...

it's more likely that any reputed source that tends to be right ... isn't really wanted, because it too often gets in the way of whatever the daily meme or narrative is - usually a departure form objective reality/rational insight. 

Meh you over estimate

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Man, this has not been the year for Stratton and Mt Snow. 

Mt Snow especially has barely had any natural terrain open.  It has been a killington north year.  This storm may push the Mansfield stake to top 5 in the last 25 years for this time of year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bwt3650 said:

Mt Snow especially has barely had any natural terrain open.  It has been a killington north year.  This storm may push the Mansfield stake to top 5 in the last 25 years for this time of year. 

Which is ridiculous considering a shit winter for so many others. But, at 3.5K...I guess you can't use that as a good proxy to a majority of New England. Still, a huge anomaly. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Which is ridiculous considering a shit winter for so many others. But, at 3.5K...I guess you can't use that as a good proxy to a majority of New England. Still, a huge anomaly. 

I agree.  It hasn't felt like a top 5 of the last 25 kind of winter...lot's of melt outs, but some really top notch stretches too.  Stats really don't tell the whole story (March 2012 vs. March 2024 maybe)

Just now, bwt3650 said:

I agree.  It hasn't felt like a top 5 of the last 25 kind of winter...lot's of melt outs, but some really top notch stretches too.  Stats really don't tell the whole story (March 2012 vs. March 2024 maybe)

Even compared to 2K in srn VT....I can't recall such a dichotomy in the state. 

DPs are regionally between 0 and 9 F out ahead of a flat wave QPF anomaly, with model run to run in +delta surface pressure N of said wave. 

It's going to be fun watching this thing overcome that cold profile/implication

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

DPs are regionally between 0 and 9 F out ahead of a flat wave QPF anomaly, with model run to run in +delta surface pressure N of said wave. 

It's going to be fun watching this thing overcome that cold profile/implication

I was thinking to myself while taking the trash out late last night how I couldn't believe it was going to rain tomorrow night....the cold had a bite to it amid that "fresh" arctic aroma.

Sucks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NW_of_GYX said:

Haven’t run the snowblower since January. Guess I need to make sure it starts 

Same here.  Other than the first, very wet 1/4", yesterday's 5" was fluff - 14:1 for the full storm - so I've merely packed the driveway so the snowblower won't scoop gravel tomorrow.  Farmington 90%/expected/10% is 7/13/16.  Skowhegan 6/12/15 but they're 3 times farther from home.

And sometimes May. But it doesn’t snow in April. 

April is super variable.  Average here is 4.8" but the median is only 2".  Six of 25 Aprils have had <1" (including 3 with just traces) and only 2 have reached double digits, but 2007 brought 37.2".  That month had 2 of the 3 double digit events, the other on April Fool's Day in 2011.

29 minutes ago, Prismshine Productions said:

I got to get used to snow in March don't I...

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

In Brattleboro? Meh, not so much. :lol:  J/K.  We call that area the Banana Belt of VT. 

• Like 1