Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

11 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Sensible weather matters to the individual but I'm talking about this more from a data standpoint/historical perspective. 

That's not true at all, people will remember both. Through conversations with many people I've heard them recall years or summers which had sweltering heat. People are going to remember what was most impactful to them or what was engraved in their brain by media. Instances of cold and/or alot of snow or periods of high heat/humidity are phenomena which will sit in people's minds.

I remember July 2006 like it was yesterday 107 in Baltimore drinking Marguerites with you and Barry at 9 AM at the bar.

Screenshot_20240319_155104_Facebook.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Remember everyone, this afternoon's run is not going to dictate what exactly happens this weekend ...just like this mornings didn't or tonight's will either.... They're all going to get us closer to something in the middle. I wouldn't pin it all down until Thursday at this point. But I  do laugh at the ride and dies in here..lol

1 minute ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Remember everyone, this afternoon's run is not going to dictate what exactly happens this weekend ...just like this mornings didn't or tonight's will either.... They're all going to get us closer to something in the middle. I wouldn't pin it all down until Thursday at this point. But I  do laugh at the ride and dies in here..lol

Highly anomalous patterns yield highly anomalous weather. What shakes out TBD. Euro has a ton of blocking versus GFS.  Much like the Canadian 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

just for the highs through yesterday..

BDL+10.3 (+9.5 on lows)
ORH +8.9

BDR +9.4

it’s been a very warm March even more so just from a high temp perspective. Obviously we will probably need be up somewhere around +5 for highs after this chilly week ahead. 

IMG_3265.jpeg

To be honest the highs there are every bit as warm as the lows, ha.  After all that discussion the highs were really +10F down there?  The way folks talk it sounded like +2 or +3.  :lol:

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

the lows this morning were probably pretty close to average, maybe even a few ticks above but even still, today is probably a good several degrees below average across many areas. Average high for BDL is around 50 and they're at 44. Average high for BTV is 44 and they at 35.

BDL normal is 48. They probably pulled a 47. Normal low is 29. Actual was 33. Looking like a +1 or +2 right now. 

And BTV normal for the day is 42/25. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

BDL normal is 48. They probably pulled a 47. Normal low is 29. Actual was 33. Looking like a +1 or +2 right now. 

If we ever get a week of like legit -5 to -10 departures, the public is going to think an ice age is coming. Everyone’s baseline is so out of whack.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

If we ever get a week of like legit -5 to -10 departures, the public is going to think an ice age is coming. Everyone’s baseline is so out of whack.

I'm like that even right now. Probably about average for this time of year and I'm outside working on the barn dressed like I'm at McMurdo Station. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea that’s what it’s felt like.  AN daily maxes but nothing like 2012. Im sure the month ends slightly AN with daily maxes and rages way AN with daily mins.  

A week or more back, several posters (me included) stated that 2024 was a lot more like 2010 than 2012.  For one thing, we've already had 2.5 time the precip of 2012 and are about 75% of the 2010 total.  However, the max/min relationship for the 3 years reinforces the 2010 redux.

Departures (rounded to tenths) -
March of:   Max     min    mean     BN days
2010          +6.9    +7.8    +7.4        3 
2012          +8.6    +5.0    +6.8      11
'24 1-18     +7.1    +11.9    +9.5       1

58 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Sensible weather matters to the individual but I'm talking about this more from a data standpoint/historical perspective. 

That's not true at all, people will remember both. Through conversations with many people I've heard them recall years or summers which had sweltering heat. People are going to remember what was most impactful to them or what was engraved in their brain by media. Instances of cold and/or alot of snow or periods of high heat/humidity are phenomena which will sit in people's minds.

Disagree. All summers are hot but not all winters are cold. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2