Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Someone has to mention Feb 23 obs

40/70 Benchmark

• dendrite changed the title to Someone has to mention Feb 23 obs

I've noticed this will all storm logistics in recent years ( another new aspect ) that they come down to relative error management.

Like, the extended range is too amplified almost always.  But, then as the storm nears, the correction they did to attenuate was correct, buuut because PWAT is a burgeoning parametric due to you know what ...the storm than over-achieve relative to the weaker profile. 

I see this kind of two-step dance with other aspects in synoptic handling too.  You get some back, or lost ( in either direction ) at relative scales.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

Is that a structural stone building I spy? Very cool. (Even if not, it's still very cool)

There is a great stonemason in North Sutton (near you!).  He is an old crotchedy Yankee who is a gem.  We have alot of stone walls on our property and at one end, at the bottom of a hill is a huge stone pile.  He pulled all of that stone off the pile and built us that one room 14x10 Thoreau cabin.  It was built before we had decided to build our house up here.  I love it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, zero complaints. I said I wanted no part of that 3" during the AM commute at this point and I meant it.

up here it is pretty and I live 1500' from the road.  It will melt from the driveway this afternoon or in a couple of days.  I had a great walk.  It is different up here in the middle of nowhere.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

up here it is pretty and I live 1500' from the road.  It will melt from the driveway this afternoon or in a couple of days.  I had a great walk.  It is different up here in the middle of nowhere.

Yea, I get it. You may feel differently if it meant you would need to endure a 2 hour commute :lol:

• Like 1

.5" 
At least the skiing was good and got a cool undercast. Still snow in the woods and my yard has full pack but this week will finish off a lot of it.
I'm now at 40" on the season. Weirdly this winter still feels better than 15-16 somehow. Maybe because Nov-December was also a full on torch that year and I don't remember anything that year as good as the January stretch we had this year, which accounts for almost 75% of my snowfall to date. We had some snow in November and early December this year which probably helps to put this year just slightly above 15-16. The three seasons following 15-16 all had above average snow, we can hope for next year and beyond. 

3cb76343e1d7a1aef9d0efc0d8233177.jpg

• Like 6