Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Someone has to mention Feb 23 obs

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

We had no issues, Do you have scratcher's on your new sled?

IMG_4200.png

IMG_4199.png

No scratchers…have never had them on any sled. Usually 99% of the time I’ve never needed them in the county.  I’m Studded so that helps out some the rare times it may be needed up there.    

56 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We don’t have really bad springs anymore. The days of NE flow and chill don’t happen like they used to. Esp inland 

I actually agree with this. I find the rhetoric of garbage springs around here to be pretty greatly exaggerated. Sure, if you live in the beach it’s probably not great, but otherwise, meh.

what - you guys just invent interpretations based on the moods of the moments.

Statistically, Aprils and Mays have had significantly delayed green-ups in the last several years ... because despite whatever early balm flashes occurred, there was growth stunting cold deep into budding season. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

what - you guys just invent interpretations based on the moods of the moments.

Statistically, Aprils and Mays have had significantly delayed green-ups in the last several years ... because despite whatever early balm flashes occurred, there was growth stunting cold deep into budding season. 

Absolutely have not had delayed leaf out and green up. Not inland . Leaves out all recent years prior to Mayorch 1st

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Absolutely have not had delayed leaf out and green up. Not inland . Leaves out all recent years prior to Mayorch 1st

Yeesh dude…did you memory-hole the 2016-2020 period? I think like 4 out of 5 of those were fooking nuclear crater landscape near 5/1. Awful springs. We did have some better ones recently like 2021 and 2023. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeesh dude…did you memory-hole the 2016-2020 period? I think like 4 out of 5 of those were fooking nuclear crater landscape near 5/1. Awful springs. We did have some better ones recently like 2021 and 2023. 

I love how he thinks Tolland is like Cincinnati in the Spring. :lol: 

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, NW_of_GYX said:

GFS has more or less been locked onto two waves starting with the 23rd/24th with a follow up on the 25th. All operational models offer plenty to track over the next 7-10 days. Gotta think something will work out for NNE in this period. 

We need an Archambault event.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That happens every year in low lying radiating spots in May. When it’s 62 with a dew of 18. You get a fake cold morning of 28. It had to have been warm to have those blooms in the orchards right?

No.

• dendrite changed the title to Someone has to mention Feb 23 obs
  • dendrite pinned this topic
  • dendrite unpinned this topic