joxey
Late Feb/March Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

WB latest EPS extended looks better mid March period.

IMG_3238.png

Verbatim, that looks like a good pattern. Ideally you would want that western ridge to be further east towards ID, which would prevent low pressure from moving too far inland. Unfortunately, due to lack of cold and snow cover, which will only be even less sustained at that point, it's highly likely that this would lead to just cold rainstorms for the region. 

• Weenie 2

After seeing the weeklies for march assuming they are correct….we probably have one more storm for us to track

You meant that in a positive tone right cause they don’t look too bad. I still would keep an eye on 2/23-24, we need some big changes though.

But I’m done with worrying about it. I won’t be surprised either way at this point. Was today just a one last fluke tease run on the way to a final rug pull or a real indication?  Ehh. I don’t have the patience left to dig into it really. If we get multiple days of improvements and it gets into a more believable range I’ll jump back into it.  For now we still have a legit chance for the wave I liked all along if we can get some minor adjustments. After that I’ll let the chips fall where they may. 

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

But I’m done with worrying about it. I won’t be surprised either way at this point. Was today just a one last fluke tease run on the way to a final rug pull or a real indication?  Ehh. I don’t have the patience left to dig into it really. If we get multiple days of improvements and it gets into a more believable range I’ll jump back into it.  For now we still have a legit chance for the wave I liked all along if we can get some minor adjustments. After that I’ll let the chips fall where they may. 

Yeah, pretty much on the same page as you.  Let's just see how things shake out from now through mid-March (I'm talking after this event on Friday night).  I'm not sold on "your" storm just yet (the one around the 24th, right?), though obviously there is a signal there.  Too warm??  But we'll see, I haven't followed that much of late.  And I'm not at all ruling out some decent event in March at some point.

2 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

The thing is, even if you guys luck into something significant before the end, I think we have the "answer" you have been referring to.  The Pacific base state is dominant.  El Nino is powerless to help (to be fair, maybe it improves "shit the blinds" to simple "shut the blinds").  Kneel before King Babar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

4 hours ago, Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Got the same where I'm at in the Bethesda area from that St. Pat's 2014 storm!  What an awesome event, and it was below freezing for like a day after.  March 2014 itself was an amazing month for snow in this region!

It may happen again!

• Like 2

I'm happy to be getting what it looks like we'll get Friday/Saturday, but I can't help but be a bit sad seeing a big piece of what could be the last stj wave with cold near by that we'll see for a couple years...sliding by to the south, shunted by a front that won't even last long! But again, at least we get a nice piece off the top of it :)

13 minutes ago, Ji said:

Its there but it looks so uninspiring. Is 3-6 the max potential?

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

When the nao block fell apart our hecs potential went with it. We’re fighting for table scraps now. Is what it is. But hey you still have a reasonable shot at climo. I have almost no chance. I need ~20” more just to get to “avg”. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Heisy said:

End of the 6z control looked better for the setup leading into the 22-24 event. See if anything pops on 12z runs e78ed2870ede1737b765f2a9843b8ffe.jpg

oof--thats some nasty +NAO/EPO/50 50 high. This is last hurrah till mid March

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic