• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Refresher snow & obs between ~midnight and Noon Sat Feb 17 2024

wdrag

I would have been happy with 4" in Middlesex County.  I randomly woke up at 3:30 and looked at the window and thought that's 8" of snow on my car.  I went to the car to get my snowbrush and boots and sure enough 8" and no sign of slowing down.  I'll take it as a token of the snow gods' repentance for the past few years.

My mom has zilch 25 miles away.

• Like 3

Rates finally picked up in Southern Ocean County on Barnegat Bay.   Just got back from the marina to check on my tow boats and make sure the 30AMP shore power cords were covered at the terminals....

Now it's time to get my dog ready for another fun bird hunt in the snow.   Thinking we will wind up with around 3.5 if these rates continue long enough.  

Enjoy the day all. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

hey thats going too far lol January 2016 was orders of magnitude better than any of those storms and so was the one we got in January 2018, hours of white out conditions.

Boxing Day was definitely more of a true blizzard than 2016. Winds, visibility, temps and drifting make a blizzard more so then just total accumulation . Boxing Day was far superior in all those categories. It also had a much larger impact on the average NYer with many neighborhoods unplowed and impassible for days. 
Basically moderate pixie dust on the uws 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmillz25 said:

Tony is going to be mad he missed out

I woke up just in time 

1 minute ago, weathermedic said:

Got to be at least 4 inches judging from the cameras outside my house here in southern Brooklyn

Looks like that