Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Refresher snow & obs between ~midnight and Noon Sat Feb 17 2024

wdrag

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

The lighter stuff north of Harrisburg should pivot through here and give us a couple inches maybe. But that fronto band was how we had a chance at more than that. It'll be a nailbiter for the south shore or if it stays just off the beach.

Still seems like things are ever so slightly inching north. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SBUWX23 said:

Still seems like things are ever so slightly inching north. 

I think at least Staten Island over to Long Beach/Jones Beach gets into it. If I was still in Long Beach it would be exciting, and awesome for them given how much the south shore skunk zone's been the last couple winters and in general. Up north of the LIE where I am... I doubt it but we'll see. Models all have some decent snow making it here later overnight and through good part of the AM so I'd think everyone gets a couple inches.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I think at least Staten Island over to Long Beach/Jones Beach gets into it. If I was still in Long Beach it would be exciting, and awesome for them given how much the south shore skunk zone's been the last couple winters and in general. Up north of the LIE where I am... I doubt it but we'll see. Models all have some decent snow making it here later overnight and through good part of the AM so I'd think everyone gets a couple inches.

It's snowing here nicely :)

Beautiful scene out there. Trees got coated right away but now that it has fallen below freezing the road is coated. Wish I could stay up all night to watch this, but it's time for sleep. The way this band is setting up it appears that we're looking good for at least 3 to 4. 

1 hour ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Light snow on the uws. Based on the radar trend on the heavy band looks like this area is going to just a little too far north for the best snow. At home on the south shore of the island we should be in the northern part of the best banding. I’m thinking a Monmouth county jack for our area, it’s been a while!

too bad you're not in Lynbrook, this area will do nicely, usually our climate resembles Monmouth County more than the rest of Long Island lol

1 hour ago, SBUWX23 said:

Been thinking the same thing but seems to be differing opinions on this. Maybe east end isn't as great but think at least western half should be ok. Some south shore places may see more in this one than Tuesday.

or at least the same.... it would be nice to get a second 4" storm in the same week.... that would solidly raise this winter to a C- for me.

2 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

or at least the same.... it would be nice to get a second 4" storm in the same week.... that would solidly raise this winter to a C- for me.

If you're in Oceanside you should get slammed. Yellows are almost to the beach. And to the west it is still edging north. Maybe it can eventually make it to the LIE. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

If you're in Oceanside you should get slammed. Yellows are almost to the beach. And to the west it is still edging north. Maybe it can eventually make it to the LIE. 

the only thing wrong about this storm is it's happening at night and moving too quickly, I expect all this to be over by sunrise.

Just now, LibertyBell said:

the only thing wrong about this storm is it's happening at night and moving too quickly, I expect all this to be over by sunrise.

We should have light hangback snow until 8-9am or so, that's what'll eventually give areas north of this band their 1-3".

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

You have 3 inches already? Wow. I'm not up to an inch yet here. Coming down good but obviously a huge difference just a few miles to the south. 

Flakes are huge! Best snow in years. Easily 2 inches a hour 

• Like 7