• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Refresher snow & obs between ~midnight and Noon Sat Feb 17 2024

wdrag

• wdrag changed the title to Refresher snow & obs between ~midnight and Noon Sat Feb 17 2024
6 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Euro had a burp run at 6z as the last storm came in that gave me 16”. Not concerned whatsoever. 

Aren’t you on north shore? 16” is crazy , considering I had maybe 5” here in Brightwaters. Maybe I read it wrong 

6 minutes ago, Rmine1 said:

Aren’t you on north shore? 16” is crazy , considering I had maybe 5” here in Brightwaters. Maybe I read it wrong 

I ended with 7.5”. That off run gave me over a foot, I think 16” which was obviously way high. It’s really nowcast time to see where the banding sets up and heads through PA. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I ended with 7.5”. That off run gave me over a foot, I think 16” which was obviously way high. It’s really nowcast time to see where the banding sets up and heads through PA. 

Ok I misunderstood your post. I thought you were saying that you got 16” on Tuesday. 

One of the interesting aspects of this incoming event that I am seeing on this evening’s model runs (particularly the short term models) is the positioning of the band of frontogenetic forcing.  It is being progged to set up across east central PA and north central NJ and directly across the city.  The band looks to be about 30 or so miles wide and will set up along or near I78.  If this is what actually happens then those areas that are under this band will see 3-4” or more while other areas to the north or south get 1-2” or so.  We will see if the 0z model runs continue depicting this feature.  This feature has already been spoken of by others on this thread.

7 minutes ago, WestBabylonWeather said:

in west babylon on Tuesday we got like 3"

different parts of the island got different amounts and it compacted

we may do better tonight then we did on Tuesday, will have a real snow feel and not the wet kind

If that’s all you got on Tue you have a really good shot at that. I won’t get 7.5” but hopefully 3-4” to refresh the pack for a couple days. Had a lot of melt today in the strong sun and temps over 40. Snow will also stick right away and none gets wasted to getting temps to freezing.  I’m down to 29 and looks like you’re 31-32.

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

If that’s all you got on Tue you have a really good shot at that. I won’t get 7.5” but hopefully 3-4” to refresh the pack for a couple days. Had a lot of melt today in the strong sun and temps over 40. Snow will also stick right away and none gets wasted to getting temps to freezing. 

yea i got 3-4 on tuesday north shore definitely did better